1

"I've heard from Mr

"I've heard from Mr. Jung that your Math grades aren't that great recently?" Jihae's mother asked, looking at her daughter from the rear view mirror as she drove the car.

"Ugh that annoying human" Jihae cursed under her breath before making an eye contact with her mother through the mirror. Immediately looking away, she stared out of the window earning a sigh from her mother.

"Jihae, you should put more—Hey!" Her feet quickly slammed onto the brakes as the car screeched before coming to an abrupt stop, making the two jerk forward in their seats.

Jihae looked forward with wide eyes, not knowing what happened and saw a guy on his bicycle, opposite to them, just as shocked as the two in the car. The boy backed off, giving enough space for the car.
Her mother quickly turned to their right, not even bothering to spare another look at the boy.
"Mom shouldn't we check if he's fine?" Jihae asked, staring at the boy from her window- crouching down as he monitored his bicycle and was soon out of her sight.

"Head back home on your own, I've a meeting" Nodding at her mother's words, Jihae closed the car door before walking towards the familiar figure.

"Let's go" Jihae pointed to the front but soon noticed her mother waving her hand at someone amongst her friends- Lee Jeno.
Jeno smiled, giving a quick bow and watched as the car sped off.
"Your mom must love Jeno a lot" Renjun commented, earning a smile from Jeno.
"More than me" Jihae rolled her eyes and the five boys- Renjun, Jeno, Donghyuck, Chenle and Jisung walked alongside the girl towards the building.

Jihae's eyes trailed over people around her as they conversed while walking until her eyes fixed on one person.
"I'll be back" With that Jihae ran towards the guy who was parking his bicycle.

"Hey Checkered Shirt" She called out, smiling at the guy.
He looked around noticing he was the only one.
"Me?" He asked pointing at himself before looking down to notice he was wearing a checkered shirt.

Nodding, Jihae smiled, walking closer to the guy.
"Are you alright?— I mean the car from earlier was ours so.." Jihae said, waiting for his reply but all she got was a slight nod.

Sighing at his lack of response, Jihae walked towards the bicycle, bending down to see if it had any damages. There weren't any.
She stood back up, her eyes ranking over his body from head to toe and he looked away, feeling awkward under her gaze. He cleared his throat, gaining her attention, making her look up at him.

"Oh you seem fine, if anything tell me- Seo Jihae from grade 12, class 2" Jihae said, pointing at the name tag on her school shirt and the boy simply watched her.

"Yah! Jihae!" Donghyuck called out and the girl waved her hand quickly at him before walking towards the guys.
"Who was that?" Jeno asked turning towards the girl, since he couldn't clearly see who she spoke to.
"Ooo protective boyfriend huh?" Chenle nudged Jeno's arm and laughed along with Jisung as the four boys teased him.

Jeno did not divert his eyes from the girl, still waiting for her reply.
Jihae looked back making an eye contact with the Checkered Shirt guy but quickly averted her gaze, turning front to face Jeno.
"Nothing.." Jihae shrugged, continuing to walk.

Occasionally waving at the others she knew, Jihae walked infront of the five boys.
Jeno's eyes fixed onto her back, a smile evident on his face as he watched the girl happily greet people with her warm smile and soon entered the class.
"Stop staring at your girl so much" Donghyuck lightly punched his arm, earning a laugh from the other boys. The bell ringing made Chenle and Jisung part their ways to their class while the elder three entered inside class 2.

Jeno sitting beside Jihae with Renjun and Donghyuck behind them.
"We've a new student" Jeno said looking at the three, already knowing things in prior since he was the class president.
"Who—" Donghyuck was cut of by shuffling of the door, indicating the teacher's presence in the room.
"Well we've a new student accompanying us" He motioned the student to enter in.
Jihae's eyes widened noticing it was the same guy from earlier.

"I'm Na Jaemin" He gave a slight bow after introducing himself, his eyes wandering around the room until he caught sight of Jihae, who was already looking at him.

"Take your seat in front of the Class President" Mr. Min said, pointing his finger at Jeno. Jaemin walked to his assigned seat, scraping his chair back and sat down.
Soon the class began...

It's my first Nct book so I'm excited to see how this turns out ◕‿◕