52

2 days later-Mrs

2 days later-
Mrs. Seo's  business work in Busan got extended for another two more days so Jihae was alone at her house, bored as she scrolled through her Instagram.
She picked up the call instantly after noticing the called ID.

Jaem

"Hello? Jae—"

"J-Jihae come here right now, I need y-you"

Hearing him sniffle on the other side, Jihae panicked.

"What's wrong Jaem? I'm coming, text me the address"

"I s-sent it. Please c-come fast Angel, it feels so lonely"

His voice sounded vulnerable- her heart broke hearing him speak that way.

"I'm on my way Jaem, please don't cry"
"I'll be there in a few"

With that she cut the call, grabbing her house keys and running out of her house.
Making sure she locked the door, she booked a cab and rode to the destination.
Paying the money for the ride, she got down, rushing inside the building and hurriedly walking towards the reception.

"Excuse me, can I meet Na Jaemin?" Jihae asked unsure of who's name the appointment was under.
"Choi Seongmi?" The receptionist asked and Jihae nodded remembering Jaemin say that it was his mother's name.

"Your name?" She asked.
"Seo Jihae" The receptionist typed it on her computer before looking at the girl.
"Room 426" She said and Jihae thanked her before walking towards the elevator.

Tapping her foot on the floor as she waited for the elevator door to open, she mumbled something incoherent to herself. Her heart pounding cause she was unaware of the whole situation- praying everything was fine.

The door opened and Jihae rushed out walking in the hallway, reading the numbers on the room doors and she came to a stop upon seeing a very familiar figure sitting down on the waiting chair outside the room.
It was Jaemin- his face in his hands, hair messily placed and his white shirt stained with streaks of blood. Endless thoughts ran through her mind but she tried to shrug them off, trying to think positive about it.

"Jaemin..." She called out in a soft voice, eyes trailing over him, surprised as to why he was in this state.
He looked up at her and her heart shattered seeing his eyes red and puffy with tears.
He stood up and hugged her- his hands around her waist, tears uncontrollably rolling down his face.
"It's alright baby" Jihae said, rubbing her hand on his back trying to comfort him.

"Everything will be fine" Jihae said- whispering her words out while the other hand softly caressed his hair.
She remained silent upon not getting any reply, letting him cry it all out in her arms.
She hugged him closer to her body- her shirt wet from his cries but she could care less about it at the moment.
She was clueless about what was happening but it definitely wasn't something nice if she was in the hospital with her boyfriend crying in her arms.

After a few minutes, Jaemin felt better- his breaths got more steady and he felt more calm.
He broke the hug and looked at the girl.
"It was so sudden, I'm sorry" Jihae shook her head in disapproval.
"I'm always here for you Jaemin" He let out a weak smile, hearing her words as the two sat down beside one another.
He placed his head on her shoulder, arm linked together- her hand still stroking his hair and he closed his eyes feeling safe in her arms- she felt like home.

"Mom met with an accident after meeting dad in the cafe. Doctor said it's an Acute SDH but not in a severe stage. The surgery will start in a few minutes. If she gets comatose then they said it's out of their hands to save her"
"I am scared angel, I really hope she's fine" Jaemin let out, intervening their fingers, praying his mother would survive through the surgery.

"Don't worry Jaemin, she'll be alright, let's stay positive about this" Jihae said, squeezing his hand reassuringly.
"She'll make it baby, don't worry" She said before placing a kiss on his forehead.
He nodded, trying to shake away all his negative thoughts.

The nurse exited the room and began speaking to Jaemin.
"The surgery is to start- it'll take two hours, so please wait" She went back inside closing the door behind her.

Just then, an elderly man walked towards the two.
"How is Seongmi?! Tell me she's alright son, please tell me she's fine!" His father said, holding in his tears, placing his hand on Jaemin's shoulder, desperately waiting for his reply.
"The surgery is going on dad..." Jaemin said as his father sat down next to Jaemin.
The word 'dad' still felt so foreign to the boy but last week once he realized his father changed, he tried to accept him.

"And you are? Weren't you the one who helped me find Jaemin that day?" His father asked and she nodded, giving him a bow respectfully.
"Dad, we're dating. She's Seo Jihae" Jaemin said, introducing Jihae to his father.
He looked at the two for a few seconds before speaking up.
"If you're happy then so am I son, I approve" He said, placing his hand on his shoulder.

The three stayed there- waiting for the surgery to turn out successful and hoped for the doctors to deliver the good news saying his mother made it.

SoooooAcute Subdural Hematoma (SDH) occurs when blood collects on your brain's surface beneath the skull, usually resulting from a severe head injury- here an accident

Sooooo
Acute Subdural Hematoma (SDH) occurs when blood collects on your brain's surface beneath the skull, usually resulting from a severe head injury- here an accident..

The surgery is fucking painful💀
They literally drill a hole in the skull and the blood is suctioned out through the hole.
Idek why I'm sharing all of this info like 🤦‍♀️