55

"I'm scared" Jihae let out, tapping her foot on the ground

"You already met my dad, my mom is—"
"We accidentally met but this is planned and I'm freaking out. What if they don't like me? What if your mother thinks I'm not up to your level- I mean your rank is more than mine. What if I don't meet her expectations? I'm doomed—"
"Breath" Jaemin cut her off and she nodded trying to remain calm.

Jaemin lifted his hand up in the air to knock on the door but Jihae grabbed his hand.
"Mission abort. Mission fucking abort, please—" The door opened revealing Hyungsik and Jihae froze.
"Come in you two why were you standing outside the door?" He laughed, opening the door wide enough for the two to enter.

Jaemin held her hand, dragging her inside the house cause she didn't make any move.
"Seongmi is inside, she's waiting for you. Go in" Hyungsik said before walking inside the kitchen to get some water for the two.

"How the hell are you so calm?" Jihae whispered, her heart pounding, extremely nervous to meet his mother.
"Why would I be nervous meeting my own parents? Just calm down you're overreacting Angel" He said.
"Overreacting?! When you meet my mom you'll understand" Jihae huffed out air earning a chuckle from him.

"Let's go" She shook her head but he ignored her, pulling her inside the room along with him.
"Mom..." He called out and the women sat up more straight with Jaemin's help before looking at the girl and signaling her to sit down on the chair adjacent to the bed.

"Hello, I'm Seo Jihae" She introduced herself and Seongmi nodded, giving her a smile.
"I know a lot about you Jihae, he always talks about you" Jaemin scratched his nape, looking away embarrassed by his mother's words making Jihae smile.

"I won't take any interview you can calm down" She chuckled looking at the tensed up girl in front of her- her clenched fits placed on her lap, back straight and extremely conscious about every word she spoke.
"Have some water you two" Hyungsik said handing over a glass of water to the two and Jihae thanked him before taking it from him.

"What are you planning to do in the future? Job wise?" Hyungsik asked.
"I've to take up our company- Seo Enterprises" Jihae said and he nodded.
Seongmi looked down at Jihae's hand- the ring was absent. She was about to ask her about it but stopped mid way, thinking it would be too personal to ask right in the first meet. Jihae noticed and began speaking.

"Our company cut ties with Lee Enterprises and the wedding was called off too. We're no longer involved with them or their company ma'am" Seongmi's eyes widened but soon recomposed herself.
"You didn't have to explain yourself Jihae" Seongmi said, patting the girl's head gently.

"And don't call me ma'am, I feel old" Jihae let out a small laugh at her words.
"By the time you two are 23 you will be settled, won't they?" Seongmi asked looking at Hyungsik and he nodded.
"So we still have 5 years to work hard and save money for them" Seongmi said and Jihae's eyes widened.

"Huh?" Jaemin let out in disbelief.
"Of course, I do approve Seo Jihae as your future wi—"
"Mom!" Her interjected earning a laugh from the elder couple.
Jaemin and Jihae shared a look- both their faces flushed at his mother's words.

"One day it should happen right? The weddi—"Hyungsik said intentionally teasing the two.
"We're going" Jaemin cut in, dragging the girl out of the room.

"Sorry about that..." Jaemin said, looking down.
"Why? I like them, they're so cool" Jihae stated, finally feeling relieved about it.
"But Jaemin... don't expect my mom to react the same way. I don't even want to know how she'll react upon knowing we're dating. She's scary, no joke" Jihae frowned, shaking her head.

"I'm scared to open up about us dating to her. I don't think I can do it any sooner Jaem, I'm sorry but you'll have to wait" Jihae said.
"Hey, even if she doesn't approve we'll fight for it, okay? Don't worry Angel" Jaemin gave her a smile and she nodded.

"We'll fight for it together..." Jihae returned him a smile before making her way back home.
Little did the two know the unexpected was to come very early into their lives..

I never thought this book would cross 50+ chapters like wooowww