42

After mid terms-

After mid terms-

"What? The answer's 3? I marked 2" Donghyuck groaned throwing the question paper in his hand onto the desk, annoyed at how he got half the answers wrong.
"That was straight from the text book Hyuck, how could you make a mistake?" Jihae stated, shaking her head in disappointment.
"Oh is it? Let's discuss the answers for math test then" Donghyuck pulled out his math paper.
"Fine" Jihae replied and the two began comparing their answers.

"Wait.. both of us suck at math why are we doing this?" Donghyuck asked stopping her mid way.
"My mom said I don't have to go to the coaching centre if I get above 90 in math" Jihae explained and the boy nodded, going back to discussing the answers.

"I marked 4" Jihae said looking at his paper expectantly.
"The answer is 2" Donghyuck stuck his tongue out making her roll her eyes.
"I'm exactly on 90 if this answer goes wrong, I'm fucked" Jihae mumbled, mentally praying for her answer to be the right one.
"I'm not sure though.. let's ask some math genius" Donghyuck stood up with his paper, searching around the class for someone but was no where to be seen.

"Where's Jaemin?" He asked and the girl shrugged.
"I don't know about him.. we haven't spoke in a week or so" Jihae replied.
"Let's go to Mr. Jung" Jihae said and he shook his head.
"I'm not meeting him with these shitty marks, you go" He said, sitting down in his place before turning back and conversing with Renjun and Dahee.

Knocking on the staffroom door, she entered in walking towards Mr. Jung.
"Sir, I was reviewing my paper and I wanted to know the answer for the last question" Jihae said and he motioned her to sit down opposite to him.
Picking up a pen he began solving it.

"The answer is 3 but it could also be 4- depends on how you interpret it" He said, keeping his pen down and looking at the girl.
"But sir, only one option will be graded right?" Jihae asked, confused.
"I don't think anyone would've marked option 4 Jihae, that way of interpretation is beyond your grade so I'll consider the answer as option 3" He said handing her the paper back.

"I marked option 4 sir" Jihae let out taking Mr. Jung by surprise.
"Solve it" He said handing her a sheet of paper and she began solving and got the answer 4.
Jihae handed him the sheet and Mr. Jung's eyes widened reading through it.
"Wow Jihae, I'm impressed" He said with a smile on his face.

"Excluding this question, what's your mark?" He asked.
"90" He was again taken aback.
"I'll consider your answer for the last one. You must've really worked hard on this test, good job Jihae" The girl's face lit up with a smile.
"Thank you sir" She gave him a quick bow before grabbing her papers and exiting the office and running to her classroom.

"I got 92!" With that, she entered the classroom giving Donghyuck a high five, feeling extremely happy that she doesn't have to go to the coaching centre classes.
"You worked so hard just so you couldn't go to that centre?" Renjun asked while she was sitting down in her place, turning back to face him.
"Jeno goes there too that's why" Jihae said and the three hummed in response.
"Now I don't have to go there. Yess!" Jihae fist bumped the air.

"Mom! I got 92 in math" Jihae said

"Great, keep these marks consistent till the end got it?" Jihae nodded in response.
"So no coaching centre right?" Jihae smiled and her mother sighed.
"Lucky you" Jihae laughed at her reply.

"Mom about the...wedding thing, did you think about it?" Jihae asked, tapping her foot on the ground, hoping her answer would be favor of her.
"If your rank in entire grade 11 is on the top 5 then yes" With that said, she entered her room.

"Top 5?! I fucked physics though?" Jihae groaned, entering her room and lying down on her bed, getting all the sleep she was deprived off during the exam week.

"Your ranks will be out in a few so stay quiet till then" Mr. Jung said, exiting the room.
"I've to get in the top 5" Jihae mumbled to herself, tapping her foot on the ground visibly fastened.
"Why are you so nervous Ji?" Renjun asked, noticing her usual habit.
"I don't know.." She replied still facing front.

Mr. Jung entered the classroom and suddenly the atmosphere was dead silent, making the girl panick.
"From class 2 on the top 10 we have- 2nd Na Jaemin, 5th Oh Miri, 6th Seo Jihae, 7th Jeon Dahee and 8th Huang Renjun... oh Lee Donghyuck on 12th? Good" He looked up at all of them standing up- those whose names he read out.
"We've 5 toppers of grade 11 in our class, I'm proud of you all, especially Jihae" Mr. Jung said and the girl let out a weak smile as the whole class clapped and cheered for them.

"You got 6th rank and what's with that frown?" Donghyuck asked, looking the girl who leant her head on the desk.
Jihae let out a cry of frustration before sitting up straight.
"If only that Oh Miri wasn't there" Jihae clenched her fist, slamming it on her desk earning everyone's attention.

Donghyuck mumbled a sorry to everyone instead of Jihae cause she was too busy narrowing her eyes on the girl in front who was flirting with Jaemin- if eyes could kill, Miri would've died long ago.
"Why the hell is Miri interfering in everything related to me??" Jihae muttered, huffing out air angrily.

Miri finna die in Jihae's hands soon🤷‍♀️