32

"Where's the ring Jaemin?" Mr

"Where's the ring Jaemin?" Mr. Yoo asked and Jihae brought her hand up in the air, showing the ring on her finger.
"Mrs. Lee will be here. Give the ring" Mr. Yoo said.
Jihae shook her head, not wanting to take the risk of loosing it again yet pulled it off her hand and placed it on the table in front.

The office door flung open revealing Mrs. Lee and Jeno behind her.
"Here's your ring that you asked for" Mr. Kim said pointing at the ring on the table and her eyed visibly widened.
"You must be too poor to pay the compensation. So you decided to give the ring back huh?" She let out a sarcastic laugh.

Jaemin did not spare the women a look- his fists clenched by his side, gritting his teeth at her words.
Jihae placed her hand on his making the boy loosen his tight fist, breathing out as he calmed.

"Mrs. Lee he returned the ring. I hope you don't take this any further now that you've gotten what you needed" Mr. Kim said and the women nodded.
"Of course Mr. Kim. He gave me the ring back so I won't be taking this to the notice of the police. You don't have to worry about your institution getting a black mark" She said flashing a smile.

Jihae picked the ring up but Mrs. Lee stopped her.
"Jeno" She called out, motioning him to take the ring.
"Put it" She said- her eyes flickering to Jaemin before she proudly grinned looking at her son who slid the ring on Jihae's finger.

"We'll take a leave then" Mrs. Lee stood up, picking her bag in order to exit.
"Not so early Mrs. Lee" Jaemin's words made her stop on her tracks.
"You should know who the real culprit is right?" Jaemin laughed dryly before walking towards the door, exiting the room and was soon inside with another person.

"Tell them" Jaemin said, pointing at Mrs. Lee.
"Why are you here?!" Mr. Yoo asked, shocked to see the student inside the room.
"He's the witness who saw Jaemin steal the ring" Mr. Yoo added and Mrs. Lee narrowed her eyes at Jaemin.

"The real culprit is you" Mrs. Lee said, pointing her index finger at Jaemin.
"Tell them everything" Jaemin repeated himself, waiting for the boy to speak up.

Gulping down his fear- the boy looked at Jeno and back at Mrs. Lee before speaking.
"It's Jeno. He stole the ring and threatened me to tell Mr. Kim that I saw Jaemin stealing it, as a witness, to frame Jaemin as the culprit" He said.
Everyone just stood there, dumbfounded upon hearing the culprits name.

"What?! Don't speak nonsense, my son would never steal- he doesn't have such low standards" Mrs. Lee said, defending her son.
"Ask him yourself" Jaemin said, crossed his arms.

Something made Mrs. Lee hesitant to ask him in front of everyone so she dragged Jeno out of the office. Holding onto his arm, she spoke.
"Tell the truth Jeno, you don't have to fear anyone here. It wasn't you right?" She asked.
He remained silent.
"Why are you not speaking Jeno?? Answer me!" Her grip on his arm tightened.

He nodded his head, looking down, not daring to face his mother.
"Why would you do something like that?! Are you stupid?" She hit his arm, getting angry at her son.
"I'm feeling so disgusted to even call you my son" She pushed him aside, walking away from him.

Y'all are smart..
By dumb self could never guess it was Jeno😭

You still don't know who that witness is right hehe🤭