6

"Oh Jaemin?" Jihae looked up to see the familiar guy standing next to her

"Sit. I was going through your work—"
"Did you find any other paper?" He interjected as he scraped the chair next to her and sat down, fidgeting with his fingers. Jihae's lips pulled up into a smile.
"This?" She asked pulling out the sheet with his sketch and he immediately snatched it from her hand.

"Too late Jaemin, I've seen it already" Jihae let out a small laugh as the guy stared at the sketch in his hand.
"I never knew you could draw? I mean, I literally just met you but yea.." Jihae said waiting for him to say something.
"Only my friends know about it" He said, still looking down at the sketch.

"So... am I your friend now?" Jihae asked, excitedly.
"What?" He looked up at her with his eyes big before he stood up and walked away.
"Hey! Wait!" Jihae grabbed her stuff before running to catch up with him.
"Silence— oh she left" The librarian went back to her work.

"Answer me Jaemin!" Jihae repeated for the umpteenth time making him stop walking and close his eyes shut, annoyed at how many times she'd been asking it.
"Answer me and I'll leav—"
"No" He said, pushing his hands into his pocket as he entered the classroom.

"Did he just reject me?" Jihae scoffed sitting down at her seat- no sight of Jeno or Donghyuck.
"Who? Jeno?" Renjun asked curiously.
"Huh? No. I was talking about— nevermind" Jihae shrugged.

"Jihae I've submitted your application for the coaching centre near your school for finance and accounting and with the help of Mrs

"Jihae I've submitted your application for the coaching centre near your school for finance and accounting and with the help of Mrs. Lee they accepted it. Go meet your tutor right now" Her mother spoke on the call.
"What? Mom I'm not—"
"I told her you'll be there in ten minutes, if you're not there on time—"
"Ten minutes?!"
"Why? It's just five minutes far from school— don't tell me you skipped classes"
"Fine I'll be there in ten" Jihae cut the call.

"I'm leaving!" With that said, Jihae ran away from Renjun and Donghyuck who wanted to skip the extra math class- just for those with low grade in the previous assignment, and it being math, Jihae agreed.
"Ah shit how will I reach there in ten?! It'll take atleast 30" Jihae mentally slapped herself for skipping the extra class.

She looked down at her phone as she ran and a loud yell made her look up and her eyes widened noticing a bicycle coming her way.
Turning swiftly to the right, away from the girl- he placed his feet on the ground, holding the bicycle from falling down.
"Shit that was close!" Jihae muttered, placing a hand on her chest.
"Thanks Jaemin" She said and the boy nodded before he got down and looked if she was hurt anywhere.

"Oh shit I've no time" She let out a small cry before an idea lit up in her mind.
"Where are you going?" She asked.
"Part-time job"
"Where is it? Far away?" He pointed at the store at the start of the street- literally a minute away.

"I'm sorry but I need this" She said taking the bicycle from him.
"What? I need to ride back home and that's far away" He said stopping the girl by holding onto the bicycle.
"I'll return it! I'm sorry Jaemin" She said as she rode the bicycle.
"But my house is really far.." He mumbled, sighing at the girl who was already out of his sight.

"You'll need to take up an entrance test to join the coaching centre

"You'll need to take up an entrance test to join the coaching centre. It will be held every weekend so make sure to write one before the end of this month" Mrs. Park said and Jihae nodded.
"Thank you Mrs. Park" Jihae bowed down, exiting her office.
Looking down at her watch 8:47, she ran down as she rode the bicycle to his part-time job store.

Parking the bicycle near the store, she pushed open the store door.
"Jaemin?" She called out as she walked towards the counter.
"Yes?" The lady at the counter asked.
"Oh is Jaemin's shift over?" Jihae asked.
"No, he went to deliver something. And you are..?" She asked.
Jihae blinked thinking of what she is to him and just then the door as pushed open making them turn to face the familiar figure.

Jaemin walked up to the lady at the counter, handing the money to her.
"Good job. She came searching for you" She said as she sorted out things at her counter.
Jihae looked up at him only to see him already look at her. She pointed at the bicycle parked outside. His face lit up seeing his bicycle.
"My Mi-" He stopped mid way realizing Jihae was right there.
"Thanks" She smiled at him and he gave her a small nod.

"Your shift is over you can leave" The lady said and Jaemin pulled out the jacket off his head- the one for the store workers, now in his school uniform shirt.
"Oh by the way, she is your..?" She asked raising a brow at Jaemin, almost teasingly.
He looked at Jihae before answering.
"My friend" He said and Jihae bit on her lip trying to fight the urge to smile.

"Oh okay" She said and smiled at Jihae, who returned her one.
The two stepped out of the store.
"So am I officially your friend?!" Jihae asked smiling widely.
Jaemin just rolled his eyes, walking past her along with his bicycle.
"I'll take that as a yes then" Jihae said waiting for him to turn back.
"Whatever" He shrugged before turning at the corner.

"He didn't deny... so am I the Na Jaemin's only friend?"
"Shit I feel special" Jihae clapped her hands, feeling nice to be friends with him. Somehow she liked his company.

 Somehow she liked his company