57

"I should've guessed what you'd been doing after school all these days

"I should've guessed what you'd been doing after school all these days.."
The voice made the two turn back and Jihae immediately pushed herself away from Jaemin, standing up surprised by her mother's presence just as equally as Jaemin.

Jihae's eyes flickered to the girl behind her mother who watched everything with a smirk on her face.
"What do you think you're doing?" Mrs. Seo scoffed, pointing at the two.
"Are you two dating?" She asked in disbelief.
"I was planning to tell you—"
"Just shut up Jihae" She interjected lifting her hand up in the air but stopped mid way realizing they were in public.

"Go home" She said, looking at her daughter.
"Mom I—"
"Don't test my patience, just go back home" She glared at her daughter before diverting her attention to Jaemin.
Jihae walked away, sharing one last look with Jaemin- tears pricking her eyes already knowing what was to come.

Just as she was about to walk past Miri she stopped upon hearing Miri speak.
"Now you don't have your Jaemin anymore" She clicked her tongue mockingly as though she was disappointed, placing a hand on Jihae's shoulder.
"Are you happy now?" Jihae pushed her hand off her, blinking away her tears. Her fists clenched by her side in annoyance.

"Not at all" Miri let out, sarcastically, as she tried to suppress her laughter.
"You'll never change" Jihae simply stared at the girl before walking away feeling utterly disgusted.

Mrs. Seo breathed out trying to calm herself.
"What's your name?" She asked before narrowing her eyes on the boy's name tag.
"Na Jaemin- Class President...? And this is what you do?" She questioned, sitting down on the bench.
"You aren't the forced transferred boy, are you?" She asked and he gave a small nod making her eyes widen by a fraction.

"Now my daughter is involved with the one I asked her to stay away from? Wow.." She clapped her hands in the air, completely taken aback- frustration building up in her.
"Sit. I need to talk to you" She said pointing at the empty space beside her.

He silently sat down, looking ahead- fidgeting with his fingers, nervous about what she was going to say.
"Since when did all of this start?" She asked looking at the boy who did not spare her a look.
"A month" He replied, waiting for her response.

"Answer me honestly Jaemin.. you didn't sleep with my Jihae right?" She asked in a low tone, cautious as to not wanting anyone to hear their conversation and Jaemin shut his eyes close momentarily at her question- his fist clenched.
How could she not trust her own daughter?

"Just tell the truth, so I can handle things early" She continued, her own self panicking at what his answer would be.
He quietly shook his head- gulping the huge lump in his throat, feeling hurt.

"Thank you.. for being honest" She sighed out in relief.
"And stop dating my daughter- I don't want to see you two together again" She said, standing up before grabbing her purse on the bench.

"It's not Jihae's mistake.." He spoke looking up at her mother.
"Please don't blame her for anything" He added, standing up as he faced her.
"Why do you care about my daughter so much?" She scorned.
"If I ever see you even standing close to her, she'll face the consequences not you so don't worry" With that she walked away from the boy, leaving him alone.

Jaemin breathed out, collapsing onto the bench trying to process everything that just happened.
His hands gripping the roots of his hair- not knowing who's to be blamed for how things ended up.
Did they really just end their relationship?

He lost everything he asked for, he lost her- the only person he wanted by his side, for the rest of his life. She was now not there and in her absence, every passing second felt painful to him..

 She was now not there and in her absence, every passing second felt painful to him

Yo I feel like my mom would react the same way😞
Cause trust who? Idk her 💀💀