11

"Thanks for saving me back there Jun" Jihae said walking alongside Renjun, heading out of their school

"Ji don't call him Jaem, at least in front of Jeno. That guy gets jealous so damn easily" Renjun said but Jihae simply shrugged.
"My mom already controls my life enough, I'll be able to live my life only in school. After I graduate you know what will happen.." Jihae said, showing the ring in her hand and Renjun nodded, exactly knowing her and her mother.

"My dad's here. Bye Ji" Waving her a bye, Renjun walked to his car.
Walking alone, Jihae had a sad face- her lips slightly pouting as she looked down while walking.
"Boo"

Jihae flinched, placing a hand on her chest.
"What the hell was that Jaem?!" She said not even looking back as she recomposed herself.
"Jaem?" The voice made her stop and turn back.
"Jeno?" Jihae mentally slapped herself for not looking at the person, thinking it was Jaemin.

"Why do you look so surprising by my presence?" He raised a brow, as the two walked alongside.
"Huh? You don't usually walk home right.. what's with today?" Jihae asked trying to calm herself down from saying anything stupid.
"Why? I can't walk with my fiancée?" He looked at her, flashing his famous eye smile.
Jihae didn't know what to reply so she just gave a small nod before returning him a smile.

"I heard you're taking the weekend test for the coaching centre?" He asked and she nodded.
"I'm happy I'll get to spend more time with you" He said and the girl's eyes widened.
"You take those classes?" She asked and he nodded.
"When will you take the test?" He asked.
"In two weeks" She replied.
Noticing she arrived at her house, she bid him a goodbye before walking inside.

"I'm home" Jihae said, shutting the door behind.
"Are you and Jeno getting close?" Her mother asked and Jihae nodded.
"I'm glad you chose be a good daughter and listen to me" Jihae nodded again, uninterested, before entering her room.

Sitting down on the chair in front of her study desk she took out her phone.

Na Jaemin

We've to present first
And I'm already nervous

So?

English is our first class
We won't have the time to practice

So?

How the hell are you so calm Jaem?!

Idc

Yea you only give a shit about Math🙄
Tables would've turned if it was a math project

No
You'll still be behind me for answers

Shut up
Be glad that you've someone behind you
Holding your back
Unlike some poor souls😞

You've your fiancé

BYE
I'm calling you

"What?"
"Let's meet. I'm so damn nervous for tomorrow. We need to practice"
"Jihae it's past 8. You'll do well—"
"I'll meet you at the Hangang bridge"
"My home is far away—"
"Jaem I know you're still working and the shift ends at 8:30"
"No"
"See you there"
"I'm not coming Jih— she cut the call"

I'll be waiting Jaem
Seen

"Where are you going?" Her mother asked, crossing her arms making Jihae stop.
"I've an English project tomorrow and we're to present first. So we decided to meet up and discuss" Jihae said, trying not to show her nervousness.
"Who?" She asked.
"..Renjun.. yea Jun" Her mother stared at her for a few seconds before letting her go since she knew Renjun, since Jihae's childhood.

Jun

If my mom calls
Say her I'm with you
Got it?

Why?
Whom are you meeting?

Jaemin

I'm not surprised anymore

Jun my mom might even call to check
Please say her I'm with you
We're paired up for the English project
And we're meeting to discuss about that
Okay?

Fine

Thanks Jun💕

Get back home safely

Sure :))

Sitting down on the nearby bench, Jihae waited for his arrival.
8:52
Just then a bicycle was coming her way- her lips curling up into a smile, knowing who it was.
"I knew you would come" She said.
"Go home Jihae, it's late" He said but the girl shook her head sitting down on the bench.
Sighing, Jaemin parked his bicycle and sat down next to her.

"Here read your part" She said, handing him his paper and he began reading out his speech, followed by hers.
"Thank you" Jihae ended looking up at him only to see him already staring at her.
"That was great Jaem! We'll pass!" Jihae clapped her hands, a wide smile on her face.

Jaemin couldn't take his eyes off hers- her round, honey colored eyes glowing under the moonlight. Just staring at those, he could get lost in her eyes...

Jihae turned to look at him and her eyes widened.
Jaemin snapped out of his trance and raised a brow at why she was shocked.
"Are my eyes deceiving me?" Jihae asked.
"What?"
"Did you just smile?"
"No" Jaemin looked away, fidgeting with his fingers- something he does when he's nervous. He didn't even realize he was smiling while staring at the girl.

"Oh god I just saw Na Jaemin's smile"
"No"
"What the hell Jaem. Don't deny it!"
"We're done with the practice. Get back home" With that Jaemin positioned himself on his bicycle ready to leave the place.

"Hey!" Jihae stopped him, holding the hem of his shirt.
"You've a pretty smile Jaemin, don't hide it" Jihae said with a smile on her lips, head tilted as she looked at him.

Jaemin blankly stared at her, trying to decipher her words. Getting compliments felt so foreign to him- his heart pounding at her comment as he gulped down the strange feeling. He tore his gaze away from her eyes- those he found beautiful and luring.
"Go home" With that, he left.

It's too early to fall for her right...??

??