27

"Come in" Mrs

"Come in" Mrs. Seo opened the door wide enough for the four people to enter.
"She's in her room, one second" She walked inside Jihae's room.
"Your friends are to visit you- even Jeno" She said and exited the room.

Straightening her hair out, she sat on her bed and soon they were in her room.
"How are you now Ji?" Renjun asked.
"Good" She smiled.
Her eyes drifting to the figure behind him and her mouth fell agape.
"Dahee?" Dahee nodded, pulling the girl into a hug.
"My first day and I missed you" Dahee pouted and Jihae mouthed a 'me too', giving her a smile.

"How are you?" Jeno's voice cut in, making the girl break the hug and look at him.
"You care?" She laughed dryly as she sat down on her bed.
"Jihae, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to" Jeno began, approaching the girl.
The rest of them decided it would be the best to leave them alone.

"You didn't mean to?" She asked, looking down at the boy who crouched down in front of her- holding her hand in his.
"I wasn't in my right mind. I was too furious that he stole the ring" He said, looking down, feeling guilty.
"It isn't him Jeno" Jihae said, staring at the boy.
"Why do you trust him so much Ji? More than me, why?" He asked, looking into her eyes.
"I just do" She replied, looking away not wanting to see him in tears.

"Remember when you promised me that you'll take care of me?" She asked, still looking away.
"Yes Ji, I do" He replied- voice slightly breaking as his eyes turned glassy.
"I miss that Jeno" She said in a soft tone- gulping down the lump in her throat, feeling her sight get blurry with the tears.

His thumb softly rubbing above the finger where the ring use to be seen- now a cut evident making him shut his eyes close- regretting everything.
"I'm really sorry Jihae, for everything" He placed a soft kiss on her finger where the ring was to be situated at making the girl turn to face him.
"I'm sorry too Jeno. I hurt you- I was never by your side. It was my mistake for being so careless about the ring. I'm sorry Jeno, I really am" She said, looking at him with her tears rolling down her cheeks.

"I should've said this earlier. I'm sorry for giving you a wrong lead- I don't think I can return you—"
"I know. You don't like me but I'll wait, wait for you to love me back Jihae" He said, smiling at the girl, completely contrasting his real feelings- how he wanted to cry and hold onto her, desperately wanting her in his life.
Jihae looked away not being able to hold herself from crying- she hated hurting his feelings but she couldn't return him her love.

A knock on the door made the two move away from each other and look at the door.
"Dinner's ready" Mrs. Seo said and walked away.
Jeno opened the door for Jihae and the two exited her room.

"What's with your two faces?" Renjun asked as he sat down next to Dahee.
"Nothing" Jeno shrugged.

Her mother served everyone their dinner and the bunch of teens began conversing and laughing except for Jihae and Jeno who silently ate their meal.
Her mother narrowed her eyes on her strangely silent daughter, squinting her eyes on her hand and eyes widened noticing something.
"Jihae where's your ring??"
Those words brought everyone to an abrupt stop.

"Jihae where's your ring??" Those words brought everyone to an abrupt stop

Is the book getting boring or smthg??

I'm sorry😔

I was so worried, I could barely sleep yesterday...