4

"Mom it's just a dinner why the hell am being dolled up for this?!" Jihae groaned but before she could speak anything the women doing her makeup glared at her to sit down silently

"Whatever" Jihae rolled her eyes before the women brushed the rep lipstick on her lips.
She took a few steps back before smiling in satisfaction.
"Your makeup is done" She said.
"Oh finally" Jihae muttered standing up as she walked towards the mirror.

The shimmering long black dress reaching her feet, a slit on her right starting from her mid-thigh and full sleeved hands. A silver necklace with a butterfly locket and her hair styled down straight, pieces framing her face perfectly.
"My dear looks so beautiful" Her mother said, staring at her daughter's reflection in the mirror.
"It's just a small dinner. Why did Mrs. Lee send all those people for getting me dressed up??" Jihae asked, annoyed.
"You'll see" Was all she got as a reply.

"Are you nervous?" Her mother asked looking at Jihae who was continuously tapping her feet on the ground- something she does when she's nervous.
"I don't know, I'm suddenly nervous. It's just a dinner though" Jihae let out a laugh, trying to calm herself down.
"Why are there so many..?" Jihae asked looking around at different families gathered in the huge hall- men wearing suits and women in formal dresses along with their children.

"Jihae... I know you would've declined if I told you this was a formal announcement, that's why I told it was a dinner" Her mother said waiting for her daughter to speak but the girl was too shocked to say anything.
"Why would you lie about something like this?! Mom it's literally my life!" Jihae yelled gaining a few people's attention. Her mother simply smiled at them before glaring at her daughter.

"I know you don't like this but for our business it must happen Jihae" She said in a very serious tone.
"I won't—"
"I'm not listening to anything Jihae. Be a good daughter, don't try to get on my bad side" She gritted her teeth.
It was the first time Jihae saw her mother being so enraged- she felt extremely intimidated.

"Oh Mrs. Seo" The high pitched voice made the two turn their attention to her.
The two elder women hugged.
"That's such a nice dress Mrs. Lee" Her mother complimented despite how much she hated the women. Mrs. Lee gave a sheepish laugh before the two began speaking.
Jihae walked towards the balcony, just wanting to get this over cause she knew she had no say in her life decisions.

Leaning her hands on the railing, she looked up at the night sky. The fresh cold breeze hitting her face as her hair moved out of her face. She shuddered when the coldness hit her bare leg, making her pull her legs together.
"This damn slit" She cursed under her breath trying to cover her bare leg but it was a vain trial.

"Are you uncomfortable in that dress? Mom chose it" A sweet voice spoke, standing next to her as she looked at the person, already recognizing the voice.
"Kinda" She replied looking at his side profile- his jet black hair styled perfectly, a few strands falling on his forehead, the black suit accentuating his features with his hands in his pocket, he looked too real for her.

"Am I that handsome Ji?" He asked turning to see the girl, making an eye contact with her. She immediately looked away, her mind replaying the scene at school making her heart pound uncontrollably.
Jeno was about to say something but his mother came in, calling the two inside.

"I would like to thank all of you for considering my invitation and being here" Mrs. Lee began- her high pitched voice echoing loudly through the mic, made Jihae cringe.
"You all must already know how Lee Enterprises has a business tie with the Seo Enterprises. Today I would like to make it official- a formal announcement regarding the future of our two companies" Mrs. Lee paused, her assistant motioned Jeno and Jihae to walk up to the stage.

Jihae's mother slightly pushed her forward and the girl forcefully walked to the stage- standing next to Jeno.
"The future CEO of Lee Enterprises- Lee Jeno and the future CEO of Seo Enterprises- Seo Jihae are officially engaged" Mrs. Lee smiled at the two beside her.

Signaling another assistant to come , she grabbed the two small boxes from the male before handing it to the two.
"Exchange" She said and Jeno pulled out the platinum ring with a small diamond stone- his name carved onto it. He held her hand, putting the ring on her finger.
Jihae's eyes flickered to her mother who motioned her to put the ring. Breathing out, she held his hand and did the same.

The crowd cheered as they clapped for the two. Jeno smiling down at the girl before he placed his hand on her waist, pulling her closer to him. Jihae looked up with wide eyes but soon forced out a smile knowing there were cameras capturing every moment.

His eyes were glowing as he dearly looked down at the girl in his arms- his love for her evident while she just stared at him not even knowing what she felt for him.
She knew one thing for sure..
She was never ready to get engaged at the age of 18

Your thoughts so far??