14

Jihae looked around in the hallway but he was no where to be seen

Searching near the lockers, she found him- leaning against the locker, one hand in his pocket while the other clenched fist softly hit the locker behind him as he stared up at ceiling, deeply lost in thoughts.

"Jaemin.." Jihae called out, making the boy turn to look at her.
He pushed himself off the locker, facing his front, as she approached him.
"Do you believe them Jaem?" She asked frantically waiting for his reply, staring at his side profile.
But all she got was silence.

"Do you really think it was me?" She asked, taking a step closer to him but he immediately turned away from her- his back facing her.
Silence

"Answer me Jaemin" Jihae was about to walk ahead so she could see his front but instead he stepped forward, making her come to a halt.
"Leave Jihae" His deep voice- slightly hoarse, as he clenched his fists by his side, not wanting to see her.

"Jaemin you think I did it?" Her voice more soft than ever, eyes turning glassy.
"Leave, I don't want to talk about that" He said in a stern voice.
"I thought you trust—"
"We barely know each other Jihae, being friends doesn't mean I could always trust you"

"Please tell me you're lying" She muttered, biting on her lower lip as tears rolled down her face.
"Why would I do that Jaem? I was the one behind you waiting until you accepted me as your friend. I was the one who chose you over Jeno for that project. I would never do something like this to you J-Jaemin.." Her voice breaking as she tried to control her cries.

"How do you expect me to trust you Jihae? It wouldn't been possible if you didn't give the access" He said turning to face her, immediately regretting because he hated to see those eyes- those eyes he found beautiful and luring now filled with tears cause of him.

"I don't tr-" He paused realizing his words sounded harsh, taking a deep inhale.
"Leave me alone Jihae" With that, Jaemin walked away not sparing her a look.

Jihae instantly fell onto the floor, crying in her hands. His words ringing in her mind making her sob harder. His words felt painful- it broke her more than being falsely accused. The loud bell ringing, indicating the start of the first class made her stand up and run away to the first place that came to her mind.

Jaemin entered the classroom upon hearing the bell.
"Where's Ji?" Renjun asked.
Jaemin just stared at him before silently walking past him and getting seated down.
"She'll be back anyway" Jeno said almost uninterested, motioning Renjun to sit back down, earning a glare from Renjun.

"I'm asking you Jaemin answer me!" Renjun raised his voice and the whole class fell silent. He just shrugged in response.
"Fuck you" Renjun gritted his teeth running out of the room, searching for Jihae.

Exactly knowing his best friend, he made his way to where she could possibly have been.
"Jihae!" He called out before flinging the door open to the rooftop.
His eyes wandering around the whole area until he found her- leaning against the wall, knees close to her body as she cried in her hands.

"Jihae..." His eyes softened seeing the girl in that position.
Approaching her, he crouched down to her level.
"Don't cry Ji. It's not your fault" He said running his hand on her back, trying to comfort her.

"J-jun I don't know w-why I'm crying ove-er something he said" Jihae sniffled looking up at him with her glassy eyes.
"What happened Ji?" He asked, sitting down next to her.
"He thinks I'm at fault too Jun. He doesn't trust me" Jihae said, tears rolled down her cheeks again as her mind replayed his words from earlier.

"I'm sure he wasn't in his right mind when he said that Ji" Renjun explained and the girl shook her head.
"No Jun. He probably hates me now" Jihae sniffled, leaning her head on Renjun's shoulder as he patted her back trying to calm her.

"Hate is strong word. He doesn't hate you Jihae, trust me" He said, looking at the girl who was a bit more calm than before- her breaths more steady, streams of dried up tears evident on her face.
"Whatever it might be Jun. Friendship doesn't exist without trust and he said he doesn't trust me" Jihae began.
"I'm too hurt to be his friend again" Jihae said, making up her mind.