7

Jihae adjusted the bag strap on her shoulder, a bit excited for the day since Jaemin was now her friend- or more like she was his friend

Before she could enter the class, someone pulled her by her hand into the adjacent empty room and closed the door behind.
"Jeno?" She looked up confused at his actions.
"Jihae.. I've something to tell you" He began, approaching her.
"What is it?" She asked, suddenly feeling nervous around him.

"Did you agree for the—"
The door flung open, revealing Jaemin. She thanked him under her breath for saving her from whatever he was going to enquire about. Jaemin was about to leave noticing the two being alone in the room but Jihae ran up to the door, stopping him.
"We need to talk about the project right? Let's go" With that Jihae left the room, walking along side Jaemin leaving Jeno alone in the room.

Jeno shut his eyes frustrated to see the girl he loves, the girl he was engaged with leaving with another boy completely ignoring his words.

"What about the project?" Jaemin asked as the two entered the classroom.
All eyes on the two as whispers broke out.
"I felt so damn nervous there, I'd to escape and thanks to you for showing up at the right time" Jihae smiled at him as a sigh of relief escaped her lips.
"Nervous? Around your own fiancé?" Jaemin raised a brow siting down in his seat.
"I thought you were the only one who didn't label him my 'fiancé'" Jihae rolled her eyes.

Jeno entered the class, whispers clearly audible to him.
"Is Jihae now Jaemin's friend??"
"She's suppose to be with Jeno! Not my Jaemin!"
"He's not yours"
"I thought I had no competition to win over my man"
"Shut up!"

Jeno sat down next to Jihae, confused at their words.
"Is it true? That Jaemin guy?" He asked looking at the girl.
"We're just friends" Jihae said and the teacher's presence in the class made them divert their attention to him.

"Oh god why does math even exist?!" Jihae ran a hand through her hair, frustrated at how she couldn't get the answer to even one single question

"That's cause you suck" Renjun said, laughing at her as he sat down in Jeno's place since the boy was no where to be seen.
"Shut up Jun, you're no better" She retorted, sticking her tongue out making him roll his eyes.

"Jaemin. I need your help" Jihae said, tapping the guy's shoulder making him turn back to face her.
"How the hell do you solve this??" She asked.
"That's actually easy.." He said taking the book as he began solving and after a few second he gave her the book back with the answer written on her notebook.
"This fast?!" Renjun asked, shocked at how quick he was.
"Convert to standard form, apply the formula and solve, you'll get the answer" He explained.
"Man you got some brains" Renjun commented making Jaemin flash a small smile.
"Unlike us" Jihae said and Renjun gave a nod, feeling sad that the two were bad at math.

"How much does that part-time job pay you?" Jihae asked.
"You work?" Renjun asked, shocked, again.
"Why?" He questioned her back.
"I'm planning to join one and start earning on my own you know" Jihae answered making Renjun laugh.

"There are so many other places to work" Jaemin rolled his eyes.
"Why not at your store? I mean, I would love to work with my friend" Jihae nudged his arm lightly making him groan. Jihae loved to tease him knowing he felt annoyed the most when she called herself his friend.
"I feel replaced" Renjun pouted making Jihae pat his shoulder.
"You'll never be replaced Jun" Jihae smiled at her best friend.

"So my friend you still didn't answer me" Jihae said, looking at Jaemin.
Renjun laughing as he watched Jaemin make an annoyed face every time she stressed on the word 'friend'.
"Jihae when did I even—"
"Jihae" A voice called out, interrupting Jaemin.
"We need to talk" Jeno said, dragging the girl along with him, away from Jaemin.
Jaemin's face fell, void of the smile as soon as the girl left. He hated to admit but he really did enjoy her company and have her as his friend.

"Jihae, it's serious, answer me honestly" Jeno began and those words made Jihae nervous- her feet tapping on the floor continuously.
"Did you willingly agree for the engagement or..?" He asked- face void of any smile, completely serious.
"What's with that question?" She let out a slight laugh, trying to brush off the nervousness and lighten the mood.
"Ji just answer me" He said, taking a step closer to her.

Her mother's words replaying in her mind..
'Be a good daughter, don't try to get on my bad side'

"Y-yes, I willingly did accept" Jihae replied and soon his eyes softened with a small smile lingering on his lips at her words.
"Jihae, I like you, I really do" Jeno hugged her, confessing his feelings for the first time taking the girl by shock.
"W-what?" Her voice almost inaudible.

"I promise to take care of you my Jihae" He said and she was completely caught off guard when he moved the strands of her hair out from her face and pressed a soft kiss on her forehead.