43

"Mom

"Mom... I did not get on the top 5 ranks" Jihae said, disappointment evident in her voice.
"Tell me your rank first" She asked.
"6th" Jihae replied not daring to look at her mother.

"Go" Her mother said, and she looked up at her in confusion.
"Go to Jeno and call the wedding off. I withdrew our business contract long ago" She said making Jihae smile, giving her a nod before leaving the house.

All the workers and guards knew Jihae so they let her in.
"Mrs. Lee may I know where Jeno is? I need to speak to him" Jihae said looking at Mrs. Lee.
Just then Jeno came out of his room, walking downstairs.
"Jihae?" He let out, surprised to see her standing in the hall.

"I'm calling the wedding off Jeno- you very well know why. And here, take this, you don't have to steal it again from me" Jihae said holding his hand as she placed her ring in his.
"If I would ever miss you, it would be the old Jeno I knew. Bye" With that said, she left their house.

Hugging her mother, Jihae felt so relieved, like everything was falling back to it's place in her life.
"Thank you mom" Jihae mumbled breaking the hug.
"You're the only one I care about in this world dear. Nothing matters to me more than you, I'm sorry for forcing you all these days" Jihae shook her head.
"Don't be mom" Her mother smiled, placing a kiss on her forehead earning a smile from her.

"Class I've a good news.." Mr. Jung began and everyone stopped whatever they were doing, turning to face the teacher in front.
"Our class average is 87%" The whole class began cheering out loudly knowing what was to come.

"It's going to be a 3 days and 2 nights trip- starting day after tomorrow. So pack well and have fun cause you all deserve it for the hard work you've done this time" Mr. Jung smiled at the class and everyone nodded in agreement.
"Sir, where are we going?" Taehee asked.
"Chunwang peak" Everyone got excited hearing the name.

"Now I'll have to persuade my mom to send me on the trip" Jihae groaned knowing her mother usually doesn't send her on trips more than one day.
"You did good this time in mid terms, she will Ji" Donghyuck said, patting the girl's shoulder.