34

"How did you know it was Jeno?" Jihae asked

"I don't know. Instinct..?" Jihae rolled her eyes at his response.
"Then how about him? How did you get him to say the truth?" Jihae asked, looking up at Jaemin, expectantly.
Jaemin bent down to her level- his hands in his pocket, face right next to hers.
"Secret" His voice lowed down to a whisper and she shut her eyes momentarily upon feeling his hot breath against her ear.

Her shoulders fell upon hearing his words.
"Hey! Not fair!" She pushed him, hitting his arm lightly earning a chuckle from the boy.
"Tell meeee! C'mon Jaem, tell me!" Jihae kept whining and tugging onto his shirt until he gave up and finally decided to tell her.

That night-

"Where are you going Jaemin?" She yelled looking down at her son.
"I'll be back soon" He ran away out of her sight.

His eyes wandering around the area, desperately searching for someone.
Narrowing his eyes on a figure, he ran towards him, knowing who it was- he was sitting on the rim of the wall, throwing stones into the small puddle.

"I was searching for you" Jaemin said, still panting as he sat down next to him.
"Why?" He asked looking at the boy before throwing a stone.
"What did you mean by 'not like I've a choice'?" Jaemin asked, expectantly looking at the boy.

"That's for you to figure out buddy" He shrugged, picking up another stone to throw.
"You hate Jeno don't you?" Jaemin let out a small laugh, exactly knowing his answer.
"You know it right? You know it was him who stole it?" He asked and Jaemin nodded.
"I do, but why did you claim to be the witness that day?" Jaemin asked and the boy went silent.

"You're my only hope hyung, the only way I can prove myself for being falsely accused" Jaemin said looking down.
"I'll tell you" He began, earning a smile from Jaemin.

"I saw Jeno stealing the ring and then he fought with you saying it was you didn't he?" Jaemin nodded.
"He figured out I knew the truth so he threatened me" Jaemin quietly listened.

"I've an elder sister- Hyeri, she lives in Busan. After loosing both my parents in an accident four years ago, she had a very hard time trying to pay for both our school fees so she dropped out of school and decided to work. Now she owns a business, that's how she pays for my fees"
"Lee Enterprises is three times bigger than the sales my sister's company gains. He could do anything to my sister with the power and money he has so I was forced to make my decision. That's why I claimed to be the witness" He sighed.

"Taking the position of school President as my advantage, I bullied people, even you. But when he threatened me, that night I realized what I'd been doing all these days, I regret it Jaemin. That's why I'm saying you all of this today" He placed his hand on Jaemin's shoulder.
"I'll tell Mr. Kim the truth tomorrow" Jaemin nodded, giving him a smile.

"Who would've known Lee Taeyong had such a sad backstory" He let out a laugh.
"But how dare you hold my collar that day?!" He joking held Jaemin's collar earning a laugh from him.
"What's with all the 'buddy'?" Jaemin asked- suppressing his smile.
"Shut up, be happy you're lucky for not being bullied by me okay?" He punched his arm lightly.
That's how the boy who bullied him that day was now his friend..

It's Ty track y'all😌