Pentagon

[Requested]

athlete!reader x Yanan

Synopsis: On the day before your biggest volleyball game of the season, you argue with your boyfriend Yanan. Will you still be able to focus on the game?

✨✨✨

"I don't have time for this, I have work to do"

You complained, rolling your eyes. You were trying to walk past him to go to your room, but his tall ass would literally not move out of your way.

"No, you can't just walk away when I'm talking to you!"

"Watch me"

You snapped, really not in the mood to deal with him after a stressful and exhausting day at university. You and your team had been preparing for the biggest game of the season, and scouts from the national volleyball association would be there observing you. Now was not the time to be in a negative headspace, but his incessant need to argue about this was slowly causing you to fall into one.

You could tell he was following you as you walked all the way up to your room and put your stuff down.

"Y/n please, we need to talk about this"

"What is there to talk about?"

You rolled your eyes, lifting a binder out of your backpack to place it on your bed.

"Maybe let's talk about you flirting with that guy on Monday"

He snapped, and you swore you could feel your blood pressure rising.

"You call getting the ball from a guy in the audience flirting?!"

"When he was clearly checking you out, yeah!"

"I was in the middle of a game, Yanan, I didn't even notice!"

"Okay, well what about after?"

You sighed. His jealousy was always a problem in situations like this. That Monday you had a small game with your team. You were outside hitter, and closest to the ball when it went out of bounds, so naturally, you ran to get it. A boy in the audience caught it, and when you ran over to get it back from him, you exchanged a quick thank you before running back to the game. After it had finished, you were packing up your things when the boy came up to you again. You could tell he was flirting, but you politely shut him down and informed him of your boyfriend who was watching from the stands. The guy looked over at Yanan's stature and intimidating expression, deciding not to mess with him.

You explained all this to your boyfriend, but he didn't like you being around other guys, especially since he usually wasn't with you due to his busy schedule.

"I can't believe that's what you call flirting!"

You explained, on your way to the bathroom connected to your room.

"If you're not going to talk to me about anything other than how you don't trust me, then you can go!"

You yelled, before closing your bathroom door. The next time you opened it, he was gone. You sighed cuddling up to yourself in bed. Today couldn't have been a worse day to fight. You would need all your focus for tomorrow, but you couldn't go to sleep upset. You were even more stressed now, and it was keeping you awake. Somehow during all your turning and tossing, you managed to eventually fall asleep.

~~~

That day at university, you had a terrible time focusing. Your problems all started in the morning. You were so tired and sleep-deprived that you couldn't see which direction you turned the shower handle in, very much shocking yourself awake when you stepped into freezing cold water. After ruining your shower, you just barely made it out of the house in one piece when you realized you'd forgotten to put your contacts in. Great, now how were you gonna see at the game. There was a short practice right after school so you didn't have time to walk home and grab them. You had missed the bus (that would have taken you to campus much faster) due to your sluggishness and were already halfway to school by now, so to avoid being late you had to go through the day partially blind.