BTS in high school confessing to you

I just took my APUSH exam yesterday and I am 😔 (update: I didn't pass 😭)

HighSchool!BTS x Reader

Reaction to you not accepting his confession

Namjoon
It started with tutoring. Namjoon (one of the smartest students in your class) had been tutoring you for a few months. Eventually as your grade rose, tutoring sessions turned into after school hangouts at diners and cafes, and doing work together over the weekend. He'd actually become a very close person to you, but unbeknownst to you, he was also in love with you.

On one of your usual cafe sessions, Namjoon was just returning with your drinks when you started speaking.

"I have to leave early today"

You spoke, taking a sip of your coffee.

"Really, why?"

He asked, lifting his cup as well.

"My boyfriend's coming to pick me up"

And he choked on his drink right then and there, taking a second to recover before speaking.

"B-boyfriend?"

"Yeah, you know him. He's in your psychology class"

Namjoon nodded in realization . He actually did know your boyfriend. Taehyung was always giving him dirty looks and telling him to stay away from you, but he never understood why. Now it all made sense. However, at the end of the day you were his friend and he didn't want to lose you.

"I didn't know Tae was your boyfriend"

You nodded.

"Sorry to be bailing on you, but we're going to the mall later, he says I don't spend enough time with him and-"

Quite frankly, Namjoon had stopped listening to your rambling. He was just admiring your features. The way your eyes lit up as you talked about your boyfriend, and the way your lips moved as you spoke. He also noticed how your eyes would never shine like that when you talked about him. He was snapped out of his trance by the little bell on the cafe door jingling to signify someone walking in. Footsteps approached from behind him as you looked up excitedly at whoever it was.

"Tae Tae!"

You stood and he immediately pulled you into his arms and pressed a kiss onto your lips.

"Hi babygirl, you ready to go"

You nodded excitedly and he gave you his keys.

"Go wait in the car for me"

He spoke in your ear, and you nodded before walking off to the parking lot. Tae sat down where you had been across the table and gave Namjoon a look.

"I know you like her, hyung"

Namjoon tried to shrug nonchalantly.

"And what if I do?"

"Just don't try to take my girlfriend and we won't  have a problem"

He said, before getting up and walking out to meet you in the car.

Joon didn't take Taes warning that seriously. I mean come on, even if he wasn't trying to date you, you were still friends. Or so he thought.

One Monday morning he walked into his favorite class to see you sadly sitting on the other side of the room. He glanced at you confused before taking his usual seat and waiting for class to start. He didn't get to talk to you until after class when he rushed to your new desk while you were packing up your stuff.