The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows VII

SO I JUST GOT A HUGE, REALLY NICE COMMENT AND I WASN'T FIXATING ON TS AT ALL BUT I HAD TO GET A CHAPTER OUT

It's all from Patton's third person limited perspective, though there is like one line that's from Virgil (heheh)

ALSO IT'S A METAPHOR, THERE IS NO CANNIBALISM

------------

Munchausen syndrome by proxy.

A mental illness defined as a Caregiver who makes up or causes an illness or injury in a person under their care, such as a child, elderly person, or a person with a disability. A form of abuse.

Patton had an aunt with it.

Patton had watched his aunt pour just a bit of cleaner into her daughter's oatmeal, and mile back at Patton.

"If you want someone to not fly away, you have to clip their wings."

Patton had sniffed the oatmeal. "You can't tell."

"Good."

Patton had watched his cousin die, had watched his aunt get arrested, and had heard the illness that went along with it.

Munchausen syndrome by proxy.

Patton leaned against his counter, eyes watching his own bowl of oatmeal, tapping an empty cleaner cap against the bowl.

He knew what had happened to his cousin, and definitely didn't want it to go that far.

He knew that his aunt had a different goal anyways; he had especially known at the funeral.

Patton's aunt, in tears and sobbing as if it was the worst day for her when she knew it was her own fault.

Patton's aunt had wanted attention. She wanted everyone to know she was amazing, and wonderful, for taking care of her poor sick daughter. She wanted everyone to give her pity, to tell her they were so sorry for her loss.

Patton felt a little sick. Patton didn't want that attention, he just wanted Logan's attention. He just wanted to clip Logan's wings and have Logan all to himself.

So Patton had made sure to add not enough poison to Logan's food.

And he made sure not to broadcast to everyone that Logan was sick.

Patton worried that if he had a taste of the attention his aunt so desperately craved, he'd get out of control and Logan would die.

Patton sighed, putting just a tiny bit of pine cleaner right into Logan's oatmeal.

Just one last time.

Logan's skin was a pale, sickly white when Patton walked into the room, holding food and a drink.

Logan had been getting better; thanks to Patton continuously lowering the dose of pine each and every time.

"Hey there, sleepyhead." Patton hummed, and grinned when Logan looked up at him with bleary, tired eyes.

Logan was having trouble sleeping, since the nausea was uncomfortable.

Patton felt like Logan was a puppet, that he could make do whatever he wanted. The fact just a little cap of liquid and Logan was sick putty in his hands, that was... mesmerizing, actually.

Logan grumbled. "Did... did Dee and Remy come over...?" He asked, confusion.

Patton glanced away. Of course Logan had trouble remembering, Patton had given him some strong drugs to keep him from talking.

"They wanted to dump some food on us. I told them you were sick, so at least they had the decency to come and see."

And Dee touched you. He touched you, when only I'm supposed to touch you.