Tired

Unsympathetic Virgil

---

Virgil made Logan tired.

That's the first emotion that comes to mind when he thinks of Virgil anyways.

Even if it wasn't a real emotion.

Whenever Virgil started on his bullshit, complaining about how he was a horrible person, how he was bad for all of them, how they deserved more, Logan felt...

Like he wanted to agree.

He knew what Virgil was doing (even if it took him a god damn long time to notice it. Stupid. So stupid.)

Virgil wanted attention. He thrived off of it, was just fine pretending he wasn't.

"You're being heartless!" Patton had exclaimed when Logan had confided in him about not wanting to help Virgil anymore.

Even Deceit and Remus got roped into it sometimes.

Even if they were the ones Virgil was worst to.

Logan hated seeing everyone getting sucked in, hated that he had no proof to save them.

He didn't care that everyone knew he wasn't helping Virgil, didn't care that everyone thought he was heartless for not doing anything.

Never mind the long nights of saying everything he could to try and help Virgil, only for Virgil to go right ahead and ignore it.

Never mind the emotions he felt, asking Virgil if maybe he could help, and never getting a response back.

"I can't do it." He tells Deceit once.

"Then you don't have to right now." Deceit answers.

And Logan figured he was completely alone now, the only one not falling for Virgil's emotional manipulation.

Deceit said he didn't have to right now, implying that Logan should still help Virgil.

Logan didn't see any of the other sides as bad people for being discouraged by the fact Logan refused, but it didn't help some sour feelings inside.

"Virgil could really use your help." Patton says on multiple occasions.

Even Roman and Remus try to poke Logan into helping.

"I'll help him quit his manipulative bullshit." Logan drawled once, causing Roman to give a noise and Remus to look slightly thoughtful.

"Look Teach-"

"That's it." Logan frowned deeply. "I don't want to talk about him."

Logan watched the other two leave.

When the poly starts, Logan is fine on the outside looking in.

Because while he's alone now, he can still see the rotten core.

Virgil.

Logan wasn't going through that again.