You Gotta Die Sometime (I'll Be Good Part 12)

Abusive Virgil, knives, creepiness, this story is a mess and I'm nearing the end finally

---

Remus was being hand fed.

It was weird, really, that Virgil liked Remus eating off of his hands, and he knew it.

"You look beautiful with the bruises around your eyes." Virgil murmured a bit, touching Remus's eyes. "I'm happy that I get to do them from now on."

Remus used his tongue to scoop up the small piece of chicken Virgil held out to him, trying to get over how humiliating this was.

"Do you like it more when I don't hurt you for no reason?" Virgil asked. "I thought this would be boring, but it's almost nice just treating you like..."

"Your toy?" Remus asked, and Virgil's happy expression immediately fell.

"Excuse me?"

"Am I?"

Virgil's expression seemed to soften a little, but he was still upset. "Idiot. No. Not now. Just mine. I love you, remember."

Remus didn't roll his eyes, but he wanted to.

He felt stupid for never seeing it, stupid for letting Virgil get this far, stupid for not questioning why Deceit, who loved him, broke up with him.

Stupid, so god damn stupid...

Virgil took his clean hand and scratched Remus's scalp gently, before moving down to press their foreheads together.

"You know... I'm amazed you're being such a good boy."

Remus really, really didn't want to be. But he forced himself to remember that his brother, his lovers, Tommy and Patton needed this.

God but he couldn't help the knee-jerk reaction of slapping Virgil's hand away when it touched directly under his chest.

Virgil's eyes flashed in anger.

"I guess it was too good to be true."

Remus yelped when Virgil knocked him over, curling up into a ball.

"... it's okay. It's to be expected." Virgil sighed. "You still have to be punished though.

Remus stared up at Virgil, before glancing away and taking a shuddery breath.

Remy was on edge and shuddering too, actually.

The sleepy non-side was trying to wrap his head around what everyone was even planning now- a murder, he assumed.

Logan was giving technical details on how to murder a side- separating him from Thomas was the first thing. Virgil had already separated himself before, but they had to figure out how to do it themselves.

"Thomas should stay asleep, but there's a chance he'll wake up." Remy hummed, looking up at Logan.

"Patton, could you stay with Thomas to make sure he doesn't get hurt while we get rid of Virgil?" Logan had asked immediately, voice somehow level.

Patton had given a long exhale and nodded. "Alright, Logan."

"Roman, Deceit, Remy and I can take Virgil." Logan hummed. "We all know Virgil is... strong."

"This will be good for Thomas." Deceit suddenly said. "Perhaps doing this will stop Thomas's anxiety from going overboard, keep in the middle of the Yerkes–Dodson curve."

Logan gave an appreciative smile.

"Of course!" Roman preened immediately. "I will work hard to create an Anxiety that will be healthier for Thomas and all of us!"