The Loser and the Monster

Something I wrote a while ago oops didn't put it on Wattpad haha

---

I don't know what else I can tell you
"You know, opening up is not that bad."
I think this music will surely
Drive me mad

Deceit knew who he was. A 'dark side'. Or as Virgil now called them, the 'others'.

He was... dark, and bad. But he didn't feel like that. He wasn't against Thomas, maybe sometimes against the others- but wasn't Logan against the others sometimes too?

Lying wasn't always bad.

Deceit wasn't always bad.

He did feel lonely though. And while he had Remus and... to be around, it didn't feel right.

He remembered meeting Remus the first time.

That was when... Virgil was with them...

Deceit flinched and looked up when someone sat next to him.

"Did I scare you?"

Remus. Remus, a wide smile on his 100% honest face.

"No." Deceit looked away, sniffing softly. He knew Remus wasn't the best with feelings .

Remus stared at Deceit for a long time, before his smile softened. "Are you okay?"

Deceit looked over, before sighing. "I'm not okay." He said, the truth dripping from his tongue.

Remus's lips pursed together a bit. "Well, I'm here to listen. We can have a heart to heart!" He reached up to touch his chest, but Deceit grabbed his wrist before Remus could do more than move his hand.

"Don't do that. I really have nothing to say, I already told you I'm not okay."

Remus frowned now, before moving to tug Deceit's wrist. "Let's head to my room. I really think that talking would help!"

But would it really?

Deceit stared at Remus, standing and holding Deceit's wrist, tugging him gently so he'd follow.

Deceit only hesitated for another moment before he stood up and followed Remus. Why not, then. He didn't have to say anything.

Remus wasn't dangerous to be around, and it wasn't dangerous to talk about his feelings.

The loser looks in the eyes of the monster
At least he doesn't need to pretend or to force a smile
"Oh I don't know if I'm lying or living a lie"
The monster's humming a lullaby

Remus was holding Deceit close. He wasn't sure why Deceit was acting so strangely, so much different than usual. He didn't complain though, just hugged Deceit's head as the other buried his face carefully into Remus's stomach.

Remus let the thought of his stomach opening and guts spilling out onto Deceit's face go through his head normally, without acting on it, and gently started touching Deceit's hair.

"What's gotten into you, Deceit?"

Deceit gave a soft noise, shaking his head. "I don't know what I can even tell you... I know how you are, Remus, and..."

Remus cut him off, mainly just making a noise. After a long pause, Remus finally just said, "You know, you can tell me... I might not be very smart but I can try helping you."

Deceit inclined his head, chin resting against Remus's stomach as they kept eye contact.

"I'm acting as normal as usual."