Development

This is what I'd call Sympathetic Logan

---

Logan's sharp words don't really register as something needing to be fixed until he sees Roman tear up slightly.

Logan gave a slow blink, pulling back a bit. "Roman?"

"You- h- You d-don't say stuff like that." Roman rubbed his face, looking away.

Even Remus looked uncomfortable. "Yeah Logi-bear. I like you but you keep hurting people when you say stuff like that."

Logan felt slightly hollow, unsure what Remus was talking about but... not liking the implications.

"Am... Am I like that often?" Logan asked.

"Pretty much, yes!" Roman huffed. "Do you not even realize how cruel you are?"

Logan dipped his head, cheeks heating up in shame.

Roman's expression softened. "You don't."

"Is that why you all are so distant?" Logan's voice wavered. "Have I been pushing you away?"

Remus's shoulders slumped. "Well, pretty much." He played with the morning star in his hands. "No one wants to be around you if you're hurting them. Plus, you're not even trying, so you aren't even manipulating us into staying! You're basically just cold and mean and pushing everyone away."

Roman tried to get Remus to put it less bluntly through the whole spiel, to no avail.

Message received, Logan's eyes cast downward. "... I don't want to be. That's not what I meant, I just..."

Roman sighed. "I... figured. Maybe we can... help you?"

Remus brightened. "That's a great idea! We can teach you to be nice, I mean, we're nice!"

Logan's expression screwed up a bit, but he forced whatever words were about to leave him down.

No, that was mean.

He didn't want to be mean.

Logan hoped the twins had patience with him.