Protect

U!Virgil

----

Logan could tell that Virgil was getting annoyed on some level.

There was still something in Logan that needed to push this, wanted to push it. It was unfair that Virgil got to be coddled so much, unfair that usually Logan had to stop talking just to keep Virgil from getting angry or upset.

And then Virgil's hand was in the air and swiping at Logan.

"Get behind me now!"

Logan heard Remus's voice, felt himself get shoved back as Remus stood between Logan and Virgil, morningstar held up and Remus growling at Virgil.

Virgil gave a noise, lips curling up into a snarl. "What, Logan can't take the consequences of his own actions?" He growled, nose twitching. "Can talk his mouth off, but once someone wants to put him in his place a dog has to protect him?"

Remus growled louder, pretty much foaming at the mouth. "Logan's allowed to talk to you about your problems! You're not allowed to hurt Logan!"

Virgil snorted humorlessly. "Not gonna fight your own battles, Logan?"

Logan was trembling slightly, swallowing. "Virgil, you can't just hit when you get any criticism."

"And you can't hide behind your rat and your snake and our host when you decide not to shut the fuck up!"

Logan flinched, and Remus growled louder.

"LEAVE HIM ALONE!"

Virgil looked the both over, nose scrunching.

"Fine. Whatever, mutt."

Remus snarled at Virgil, before the anxious side flipped them off as he sunk out.

Logan immediately hugged onto Remus.

"I apologize."

"Don't antagonize him unless one of us is around, okay? You're lucky I caught him before he hit you..."

Logan opened and closed his mouth, before nodding and hiding against Remus.

"I'll protect you." Remus wiped his mouth.

"... I love you."

"I love you too."