Tears

Unsympathetic Patton and being mean to smol Duke

---

Remus was wavering.

He already could tell he wasn't going to be big for much longer, rubbing his face as he listened to the others talking.

"Well Remus, what do you think?"

Remus blinked as Logan actually asked for his thoughts on something, eyebrows furrowing. He played with his hands.

"Mmm... I think- I want- Um-" He giggled slightly. "We should play with toys and figure it out!" It's a small thought but there's still some semblance of an adult in there.

Thomas blinked. "Oh- well, maybe acting out my problems through toys wouldhelp."

Remus smiled brightly and babbled on to Roman about something on his mind, and Roman sighed softly.

"Ah, Remus is regressed."

Roman gently played with Remus's hair for a moment, but Patton's expression soured.

"Really?" He asked, crossing his arms. "Remus, we're doing something. You can't be a baby right now."

Roman winced. "Jeeze dad, it's not his fault."

Remus was starting to tear up slightly. "Want baba..."

Patton's hands tightened around his arms, a huff escaping him. "No! He's ruining everything for Thomas."

Thomas gave an uncomfortable noise. "Well..."

Patton pointed at Remus. "You chose to regress right now just to ruin everything for Thomas, as always."

Remus whimpered, shaking his head.

"Remus is still regressed." Logan said, eyes slightly wide. Patton was... not nice to Remus.

"He's just a child..." Virgil mumbled a bit.

"I'm sorry!" Remus cried, giving a small sob. He wasn't sure what he had done wrong, but he knew it didn't feel good.

Roman quickly hugged Remus, pulling the child close. "Patton!"

"I didn't do anything!" Patton quickly waved his hands. "I simply scolded Remus for something he did wrong."

The others went quiet, and Roman shifted away from Patton. "I'm taking Remus away."

"... alright." Logan nodded, watching Remus and Roman sink out.

Thomas moved to sit on the couch. "... maybe I should just take a nap."

Patton sighed. Remus. It was always Remus's fault.

Virgil nodded quickly. "Yeah, let's go."

Patton watched Virgil take Thomas upstairs, before starting to sink down.

"Do you think you were too hard on Remus?" Logan suddenly blurted.

Patton rose back up.

"What?"

"I sincerely doubt Remus decided to regress."

Patton sighed, tone turning condescending. "That's what he wants you to think. Come on, Logan, let's turn in while Thomas naps."

Nothing's really resolved, but Remus was right.

Patton was mean to him.

And it was... not a nice thing to learn.