"Exactly, then why are you being mad at me? Isn't it I who is supposed be mad at you? But look who is being scolded? Me, the poor innocent soul!" Arthi exaggerated.

"Drama queen!" Naina muttered looking at her which made Arthi laugh.

"That I am..... But the point is, the theoretical and practical experience suggests that a silent girl like you is very in need of a loud girl like me! So here I am.... In your service, ma'am!" Arthi bowed her head in a dramatical way. While Naina stood silently.

Straightening herself, Arthi stared at the woman standing in front of her. She knew that Naina was capable of showing emotions. It's just that she had locked all of her emotions somewhere in the dark place. All she wanted was to help her. She could see Naina drowning in her life. Her gaze softened. Holding her hands, Arthi made Naina to look at her.

"Look Naina, I know you are not a bad person. It's just that you might have been gone through something very wrong that changed you into this kind of person. I also know that you don't want any friends or any help from anyone. That doesn't change anything for me. I will keep doing what I do everyday. If this how you are, then so am I..... But all I am asking is to drop you. Is it too difficult to accept the offer, Huh?"

Naina stared at her. Not knowing what to say. She definitely didn't wanted to hurt her. 'it is just too difficult?' she asked herself. Turning to her left side, in the opposite direction of the main road stood the man she never expected to be there in the first place. Both saw eachother. He straightened himself upon seeing her. But Naina turned back to Arthi, grabbed her hand and walked towards Arthi's car.

"Fine, you can drop me'' she said hurriedly, not wanting for the person to come up to her. She would rather go with Arthi than him. She didn't knew what was he even doing here.

"Okay" Arthi was shocked after hearing her. If she wasn't wrong then just one minute ago she was in denial. Now all of a sudden she agreed just like that? What changed her mind?

As Arthi took her sweet time to start the engine once they were seated inside the car, Naina hissed at her.

"If you don't start driving now, I will go by myself"

"Okay, fine. I am starting okay. No wonder they say that you are weird. Just a minute ago you didn't wanted me to even talk to you, and now look who's in my car and ordering me?" Arthi moved out her car from the parking space and took a U-turn, passing through the path where the man was standing. The least he expected was to acknowledge his presence. As they passed through him, Naina stiffened which didn't go unnoticed by Arthi. Naina could see him standing at same spot looking in her direction through the rearview mirror. And so did Arthi.

After five minutes of silence, Arthi asked her softly.

"Who is he?"

Faking the obliviousness, she pretended not to know about whom she was speaking.

"The man who was standing there, Naina? Who was he?"

This time she was answered with only silence. Having enough of her silence, she tried the only option by which she could get answers for her questions. After passing through the signal, she took U-turn. Hoping this would work. Seeing her driving in the reverse direction, Naina asked nervously.

"Why did you take U-turn?"

"Why what's wrong? Last time I checked there was no one there right?"

"Arthi, please stop the car. I will -"

"You will what, Naina? Take a cab and run away?

Listen Naina, you have two more minutes to spill everything or else you know where I will be stopping the car"

Broken Pieces - Finding Way To Eachother's Hearts जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें