Shrugging her thoughts away, she went towards the bed side to take water for him as he was now hiccuping still sitting in the same posture. He looked at her but his eyes widened seeing the broken glass pieces on the floor as she was about to step on those bare feet. He was quick enough to place his hand below her feet. His lost senses didn't stop him from protecting her.

      He shrieked as the glass pierced into his hand while she looked down at him bewildered. Her foot unintentionally pressed his hand making him hiss in pain. As soon as she realised what happened, she took her foot away sitting beside him holding his hand. He was wincing in pain.

       She immediately made him sit on the bed and got the first aid kit from the side drawer. First, she carefully took the glass piece out trying to not hurt him. But he was continously wincing because of the terrible pain. Her tears started escaping seeing his hand covered with blood.

      She did his dressing and kept crying. He kept looking at her. His eyes droopy due to the alcohol. She looked at him.

     'Are you mad, Shivaay? What was the need to do all this? Kitna khoon nikal rha tha......' she scolded him still crying while he gave her a wry smile.

      'Meri....ch...choti si...chot tu...tumse dekhi...nhi jaati aur tum....kehti ho ke mujhse nafrat karti ho.'('You can't see my small wound and still say that you hate me.') A lone tear cascaded down his cheek as he said this. She gulped back the lump formed in her throat. She didn't know what to say. He chuckled dryly looking at her face.

      'Yeh zakham toh bhar jayega, Annika....lekin jo zakham mere dil ko de rhi ho unka kya....'('this wound will heal, Annika.....but what about the wounds you are causing to my heart....') He didn't stutter while saying this as his eyes directly looked into hers. She looked at him with wide eyes.

       'You are....you are still blaming me, shivaay......still.....' she cried glancing at him.

       'Don't.....just don't cry.....it pains....here.' He said pointing at his heart. She cried more.

      He made her sit beside him on the bed. She exhaled heavily holding her face in her hands. 

      'Sorry, jaana. I'm really very sorry.' He whispered looking down.

     'For what, shivaay? For all this mess you created or.........'

     'Everything....I'm sorry for every damn thing. I'm sorry for coming into your life. I'm sorry for making you fall for me, a hooligan *chuckling*.. I'm sorry for causing you so much pain.....but....but i'm not sorry for loving you...that was the best thing i ever did...loving you was just out of the world feeling and it still is....this heart still beats for you.....' He poured out his feelings in front of her who couldn't help crying more as he went on expressing his heart out.

      'Lekin ab aur nhi hota annika...thak gya hoon main....thak gya main ladte ladte...kabhi khud se toh kabhi dunia se aur ab......tumse...'('But i can't bear anymore annika....I'm tired...I'm tired of fighting...sometimes with myself then with the world and now....you...') He whispered meekly gazing at her. He was looking so helpless at the moment. Annika knew that he had endured as much pain as she did but she had never seen him this much vulnerable. He was looking like a lost soul wandering around the world to find a body. His eyes held the unsaid pleas which he couldn't voice out.

       He scooted closer to her cupping her face in his shivering hands and wiped her tears which weren't ready to stop anytime soon.

      'Ab...ab bohot lad liye yaar...chal na ab wapis se ek nayi zindagi shuru karte hain...Main tera Shiv aur tu meri jaana...'('Now....we have fought enough...let's start a new life again....I'm your Shiv and you are my jaana.')....he said placing his lips on her forehead making her close her eyes.

     She looked at him before hugging him with all her might hiding her face in his chest. He embraced her in his arms. Both cried in each other's embrace. Their tears didn't stop. Their emotions and love overpowered the complaints they had against each other.

      Annika didn't realise when she sat in his lap. Their hug still intact leaving no space between them. Their cries turned into sobs and then hiccups. He caressed her hair and she rubbed his back.

     He laid back on the bed having her over him. None dared to break apart and soon sleep engulfed both of them as the moon shone brightly through the window looking at the two love birds sleeping peacefully embracing each other........

             ****************

Thanks to everyone who voted and commented on the last part❤❤