Epilogue

1½ year later

Everyone is busy, some are busy doing chores, some are in decorating, some are doing make up, others are busy having greeting the guests. Today is the day of Jessica's and Xavier's weddings day.

A professional makeup artist was busy doing her makeup. Jessica was happy seeing everyone happy being busy with her wedding. Her daughter Aspen and Son Zian was by her side. She's happy because everything is settle now. Till to this day she still doesn't remember her past but she adapted to her current situation and looking forward to the future days. And those who wanted to harm are are rotting in jail. After both Sandra and Katie were arrested Xavier took action immediately so that no one can help them. And because of those charges and proofs Katie was guilty of trying to murder and successfully competence of doing full plane accident she got 20 years of imprisonment. On the other hand Sandra's punishment was much bigger than Katie because she faked her death by running away from prison neglecting her punishment given to her by previous crimes, guilty of murder charges, plotting murder etc. So, she got life imprisonment. Everyone got justice. And everything got settled.

"Can you lift you eyes a little bit", the makeup artists voice made her come out of Katie and Sandra's topics. She did as the makeup artist said so.

" All right all done now time for the dress".

Wearing the dress she stood in front of the full length mirror. Grasp were heard from everywhere and for a moment she felt everything stopped. In the mirror the woman who was standing was an beautiful elegant woman with a hint of naive cuteness, her cheeks were like cherry blossoms and eyes like spring with blue ocean color. She was stunning.

"Aww my baby! ", Jessica's mother exclaimed shedding tears. " You look stunning".

"Mamma's so beautiful", both children exclaimed happily.

" Aww, thank you guys ", Jessica said emotionally.

" Anyway it's almost time for the bridesmaids to go on", Lu Ming said coming from the door. When he saw Jessica he was in daze for a second. He then hugged Jessica and kissed her cheeks, "you are stunning, meimei".

[Meimei=little sister]

" Thank you, gege ", Jessica also hugged.

[Gege=older brother]

" Anyway hurry up", Lu Ming urged everyone. "Xavier might faint anytime thinking his bride has run away. He's so restless. His best man almost punched him because he irritated him by asking him when's the time for  Jessica to come".

Everyone laughed hearing Lu Ming's remarks.

Jessica's father came forward, kissing her cheeks he said emotionally, " You look beautiful, I'm proud of you baby girl".

On the other side Xavier was restless. Time to time looking at the entrance. His best man was so fed up he said, "dude, she ain't gonna run away chill. Time hasn't come yet".

As soon as he said that the light in there slowly dimmed. A guitar tune slowly rang. First came the bridesmaids, then Miaomiao the maid of honor came smiling. After that Aspen the flower girl came throwing flower clumsily. Behind her came Zian the ring boy with his parents wedding rings. Everyone laughed at their clumsiness. But Xavier's eyes we're glued at the entrance. The song was a slow beautiful song.

→start the song←

♪ When the night has come
And the land is dark ♪

In the midst of the dime light Jessica slowly stepped forward with her dad her wedding dress was white with red roses all over. In the dime light those roses light up looking like a amazing meteor shower show. Because of that Jessica looked like a goddess who grace upon earth. Her veil was a flower crown veil which made her look like a queen of goddess. Xavier was stunned, he lost connection between others and only focused on Jessica.

♪ And the moon is the only light we'll see ♪

Jessica was slowly stepping towards him smiling beautifully.

No I won't be afraid, no I won't be afraid♪

She came in front of him but Xavier was so engrossed in looking at her he forgot to step forward and take her hand. His best man shoved him a little then Xavier came out of daze. Everyone laughed seeing Xavier's momentary fool like daze. But Xavier didn't care.

♪Just as long as you stand, stand by me♪

He came forward, raised his hand to take Jessica's hand.

♪So darlin', darlin', stand by me♪

They both stood there hand in hand lost in each other's eyes.

♪Oh stand by me♪

♪Oh stand
Stand by me, stand by me♪

The priest did his work. Both of them didn't care. Then the vow time came.

First Xavier started, "you might not believe but I've been preparing my vow for a month now", everyone laughed after hearing that. " I wanted to express myself to you by this vow "

“Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches…I have stayed these years in my hovel because of you. I have taught myself languages because of you. I have made my body strong because I thought you might be pleased by a strong body. I have lived my life with only the prayer that some sudden dawn you might glance in my direction. I have not known a moment in years when the sight of you did not send my heart careening against my rib cage. I have not known a night when your visage did not accompany me to sleep. There has not been a morning when you did not flutter behind my waking eyelids…...

I love you. Spell it out, should I? I ell-oh-vee-ee why-oh-you. Want it backward? You love I.”

Like Romeo said to Juliet-

“My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite.”

But I'm damn sure that we won't end up like them, Xavier humored making everyone chuckle.

Hearing the vow Jessica was emotional, she also said in a cracked voice making everyone chuckle.

"I'm not better than you I've also done my research about my vow"

“you're more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of, yours and mine are the same…my great thought in living is yourself. If all else perished, and you remained, I should still continue to be; and if all else remained, and you were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger. I should not seem a part of it.”

Because “I'm Half a heart without you”

Before the priest could say "you may kiss the bride", Xavier already kissed her like there's no tomorrow.

After the kiss their forehead were against each other and their breath were mixed with each other.

He then said in a low husky voice with emotions, “I'm Half a heart without you”

The author has something to say-

This is the official ending of Half A Heart.  I was too lazy to keep the story to go on and I didn't know what to write anymore that's why I finished it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyway I'll give some bonus chapter.

Also because of the Corona flu everything is a mess so stay safe 😷