Chapter 13

Jade's POV

Mom always told me that I was over dramatic. You can say I make a mountain of a mole hill. Like now I really panicked when a hand suddenly covered my mouth. I really thought I was gonna die but to my utter horror it was none other than Drew himself who blocked my mouth with his hand. Dare I say his disgusting hand. "Yeah, keep telling yourself. You still have a place in your heart for him", my sub - conscience said. I mentally rolled my eyes.

" What the hell are you doing Drew ", I snapped. I almost had a heart attack.

" Sorry for scaring you, Jade", he scratch the back of him head.

He always did that whenever he is nervous. What do you want?

"I want to talk to you", he muttered.

" What's there to talk about? "

"First of all I'm sorry for what I did to you, Jade", he looked down somewhat guilty.

Remembering the scene water escaped from my eyes. It still bring pain in my heart.

" I don't know what happened but I messed up ", he said.

" You did", I agreed. Now you're marrying her.

"But I still love you, Jade".

Hearing his confession my heart skip a beat. " No, he's lying ", my brain snapped.

" Isn't it a little too late? ", I asked laughing humorlessly. Anyway aren't you marrying Katie?

" Yeah, but I'm forced to marry her because she is pregnant ", he said. I only love you.

" Sorry, but I love someone else ".

" Is he the reason why you didn't forgave me when I begged for forgiveness? ", he asked angrily.

" He has nothing to do with it", I coolly said somewhat angry at his confrontation.

"He's richer than me that's why you're with him, aren't you? ", he accused.

" How dare you? ", I was fuming with rage. I'm not the one who cheated with a family member.

Somehow realizing his words Drew stepped forward, " Jade, I didn't mean to..... ". I stopped him raising my hand.

" Now you listed and listed carefully ", I said deadly serious. I'm not the one who cheated. I'm not the one who broke the promise and I'm certainly not a gold digger like your bitch Katie. I love Xavier because he knows my value and he treats me like a queen. He also respect me. And lastly, he loves me as I am which you never did. If you did truly loved me you'd never cheated on me at least not with my cousin. So, don't come here accusing me as a gold digger and confessing you pathetic feelings.

"Jade, I'm... ", he started but I shut him off.

" No, you have no right to speak. At least be a man now! Face the consequences of your wrong doings", Drew only looked down to his feet. You know?, you're nothing but a pathetic coward to me, with that I stromed off.

Releasing my hidden anger towards Drew I felt light headed. It actually felt good that I could say what was on my mind. I slowly entered our hotel suit. Xavier was still sleeping soundly. Seeing him asleep like a baby somehow made my mind at ease. But the reality hit me. He wasn't my real boyfriend. As soon as the wedding is finished our deal will be off. He'll go his was and I'll be on my own. Throwing off those thoughts I quietly went to the other side off the bed with Xavier and dosed off to a dreamless sleep.

Drew

Seems like I really did messed up. I knew I digged my own grave when I slept with Katie. But it didn't hit me like a truck until now. As the love of my life said those things to me it finally got me.