Chapter 27

Jade's pov

Ever since Lexi and Jason heard the news of Xavier's child and his mother's insistence of leaving me they have been very angry. Jason even punched Xavier. It was quite hilarious that Xavier was kicked out of the apartment by both Lexi and Jason. They said it was the punishment they are giving him for the mistake he made.

"I think you guys should forgive Xavier", I said looking at them with puppy eyes.

" No, it's too early ", Jason said rolling his eyes.

" Yeah, Jason is right ", Lexi said agreeing with Jason.

" But--", before I could say anything a phone call disturbed our conversation.

"Who's calling? ", both Lexi and Jason asked peaking at my phone. " If it's Xavier don't receive the call".

" It's not Xavier, it's an unknown number", I said showing them the number and accepting the call. Lexi signal me to click the loud speaker.

"Hello, who's this? ", I asked.

" Jade? It's Xavier's mother. Can I talk to you? ".

" Yes, Mrs. Knight, I'm all ears".

"Not on the phone, but can we meet? ", she asked.

" Okay, I'm free now ", I answered looking at my friends. They were listening our conversation quietly.

" If it's okay with you can we meet in the 'N' caffe? ", she asked. [Actually idk any caffe name in NY that's why I named itN, you can think whatever name you want]

" Okay, I'll be there in one hour ", I replied.

" I'll be waiting for you", saying that she hung up.

"What does that old hag want? ", Lexi said rolling her eyes. Ever since she heard Xavier's mother's words she hates her from the core.

" Idk but I'll know in an hour ", I said. " I need to get ready ".

" I don't think you should go alone, what if something bad happens to you? ", Jason said making wired facial expressions. " What if she insults you? Haven't you saw in the drama mother's do that? "

"Yeah, I also agree", Lexi said

*my inner thoughts*

Well what can I said my friends are die hard soap opera fan *crying face* *crying face*

" Aren't you guys being over dramatic? ", I asked rolling my eyes.

" No, I've seen so many soap operas about this kind of scene ", Jason insisted.

" Yeah, we can't let you go we'll keep out for you from the distance ", Lexi said. " You won't know about our existence in the caffe ".

" We're good at disguise ", Jason said smirking smugly giving high five to Lexi.

" Yeah, I know. You guys are the best", I said sarcastically.

"We know", they both bluff out over proudly. " We'll go there before her".

" Whatever get ready".

It's been 10 minutes we are at the caffe. But the most irritating thing is that both Lexi's and Jason's disguise is really hilarious. I mean they really looks suspicious. Idk where did they learn to disguise like that! I mean who would put fake beard like that and Lexi's dressing is like an old lady. They both are sitting beside my table. Anyway I'm waiting patiently for Xavier's mother.

"Sorry for the delay, there was traffic jam", Mrs. Knight said.

" No problem Mrs. Knight, please sit", I said politely. "You can order anything you want to drink".

" No need, I need water ", she said to the waitress.

" I think you would like the caffeine in here", I said trying to calm the atmosphere.

"I'm gonna cut the chase, I'm here to talk with you", she said directly.

" Okay", I said taking a sip from my drink.

"How much? ", she asked boldly.

" Pardon? "

"How much money do you want to leave my son? "

"I don't need your money, what's the meaning of this Mrs. Knight", I asked furiously. Now I'm furious.

" As a mother I'm begging you to leave my son", she said. "Take as much money as you want but leave him".

" As I said I don't need your money ", I said. From the corner of my eyes I saw  both Lexi and Jason we're fuming.

" You know Sandra gave birth to the heir and Xavier will also take over the business. Our relatives eyes are on his position, he need Sandra's help for this. Sandra came from prestigious rich family but your background isn't that much of exciting. Also she had Xavier's baby. In our family we don't abound a child's mother. I want my grandchild to have both her mother and father, but because of you Xavier isn't cooperating. His father threatened him to kick him out but he said he'll leave his position for you. His future depends on you", she said looking at me. "If you leave him he'll be able to concentrate on his future".

After a while I replied, " I'll think about it", I stood up to leave.

" Don't worry about the bill, I'll manage ", she said.

" Then good bye Mrs knight ", I said nodding at her direction.

Both Lexi and Jason followed behind me.

" I didn't know Xavier's mother was this kind of a lady", Jason said. "It's like real life soap opera.

"Shut up Jason", Lexi scolds giving signals with her eyes.

I couldn't keep the tears from flowing.

" Babygirl don't cry we'll think of something ", Jason said hugging me.

" Anyway let's go ", Lexi said getting in the car.

After a while we were on the street on our way home.

" Guys I think we are being followed ", Lexi said looking at the mirror of the car.

" What?" Before I could say anything a car hit our car, our car lost balance and suddenly blew off the road. Idk where I am but everything is blurry, my body hurts, my head is also hurting and after a while everything went black.