Chapter 35

"The entrance before entering the main ball room"

The engagement party is going on smoothly. Everyone is enjoying the party. From Lu ming family there's only Lu Ming's adopted sister Jessica and her son Zian and from Miaomiao's side Miaomiao's grandparents are present. Miaomiao's parents died when she was very young so, naturally she was raised by her grandparents.

The engagement reception was on "Lu HaoHua" hotel which was indeed Lu Ming's family Hotel. There were influential people were present from different family in Shanghai. Even some A listed celebrities were present. All were congratulating them. Paparazzi's were also present. The hotel reception's situation was like red carpet's situation. Paparazzi's were trying to interview the guest's. The front gate of the reception was already full of guest entering and the employees escorting them to their destination. When Xavier, Aspen and Sam stepped out of there limo the paparazzi's were able to recognize him and started asking about his current position with the Lu Co-orparation and other things about him expanding business in Shanghai. They also asked about Aspen but Xavier ignored them clearly. When they entered inside a lady with professional smile asked them about the invitation care. After reading the card she politely smiled and said indicating towards a man in black suit, "Mr Knight this man will escort you, please enjoy".

Xavier only nodded at her and turn to the man to show them the way.

" Mr. Knight, this way", the man in black said with his broken English. "I have informed Mr Lu, he's waiting for you".

As expected the reception was grand. Aspen was enjoying the scenery.

The man in black took them towards a man who is same age as him or may be 1 or 2 year older than him who is talking to some other well known business tyrants in China.

The man in black said something in Chinese to this man and the man turn to look at them.

"Mr. Knight, this is Mr. Lu Ming'", the man in black introduce.

Seeing Mr. Lu so young both Xavier and Sam was stunned. They thought Lu Ming was some old man but he was no older than Xavier.

" It's great to finally meet you Mr. Lu", Xavier greeted. "This is my daughter Aspen and PA Sam", he introduce.

" It is", Lu Ming said. "Sorry for delaying the meeting", he apologized.

" It's okay, no problem ".

" Anyway, I'm very glad you are here in my wedding ", Lu Ming said.

" It's our pleasure ", Xavier said.

Some of the other people also came to introduce themselves to Xavier. In business world he was also a well known name. For the past 6 years his name is becoming more and more well known. To keep himself distracted from Jade's missing he had been working day and night which resulted his business to be in higher position in business world. As they were talking about boy of 4 or 5 years crash into his leg.

"Ouch", he cried out holding his nose.

When Xavier looked at the boy he had some kind of unknown feelings he can't describe. The boy has black hair and ocean eyes like Xavier. But before he could say anything Lu Ming beat him to it.

Holding the boy up to himself Lu Ming introduce, " Sorry, it is my nephew Zian. He's very much naughty".

Xavier was somehow dumbfounded looking at the boy.

"陆伯伯帮我", [uncle Lu,help me], the boy said with his cute voice.

"发生了什么? ", [what happened?], Lu Ming asked the boy.

"苗m姑妈跟我来", [aunt Miaomiao and mom is chasing me], Zian said making his ocean like eyes big. Everyone was watching their interaction with aww. Xavier also watching the boy, he has this unknown longing feeling towards the boy he even doesn't know why.

"因为他们想让我休息,但我想玩得更多", [because they want me to rest but I want to play more], Zian complained.

Before Lu Ming could say anything a beautiful woman in her mid twenties came, "所以,你躲在这里吗?", [so,you're hiding here?]

Zian could only look at here with puppy eyes which made everyone laugh out.

Lu Ming took the woman in his arms and introduce her to Xavier and Saas his fiance. He also introduce Aspen who was shyly looking at Miaomiao.

"Hello, I'm Xu Miaomiao", she introduce herself.

After the introduction Lu Ming also asked Miaomiao about Jessica but she was busy. Then Miaomiao looked at shy Aspen and smiled at her. Taking Zian in her arms she said, " Hello, Aspen, i'm Miaomiao and this is Zian "

Aspen shyly looked at them and introduce herself with a cute voice.

"Hello I'm Zian", Zian also said. Zian usually talked in Mandarin with his family in front of others that's why he spoke in Mandarin earlier.

" Anyway please enjoy ", he excused herself with Zian. Looking at Aspen Miaomiao asked, "Mr knight if you don't mind I can take Aspen with me, she can play with Zian and also take rest. She'll be bored if she stay here".

" Oh, thank you Ms Xu ", Xavier thanked her. He asked Aspen, " Baby would you like to go with them? "

Aspen eagerly nodded, "I want to go with pretty aunt".

Laughing Xavier handed her to Miaomiao. " Please take care of her".

"Of course"Miaomiao assured and took the kids with her.

On the other hand Jessica was also looking for Zian. When she saw Miaomiao walking towards her direction with Zian and a girl she went to them.

" Mommy", Zian cheered looking like a puppy so that Jessica wouldn't be angry with him.

"What's with this puppy eyes, huh? ", Jessica asked kissing Zian's chubby pink cheeks.

Aspen was looking at their interaction. Feeling someone's eyes at her Jessica looked at the girl, " Who do we have here? "

Miaomiao introduce them, "oh, she's Aspen. Mr knight's daughter".

" Mr knight? ", Jessica asked.

" He's a businessman, he's here in Shanghai for business, Lu Ming invited them", Miaomiao said with her hand in waving manner.

All the time Aspen was looking at Jessica with dope eyes. In her little mind she knew the woman. The woman was just like her mother whose picture his father showed her.

So when Jessica looked at her introducing herself she blurted out, "Mommy? "