Chapter 42

Xavier took Jessica in a five-star hotel with a rooftop. He booked the whole rooftop for their date. After parking the car in front of the entrance Xavier quickly went to the other side and open the door for Jessica. Taking her hands Xavier gave the valet his car keys.

"May I know if you have reservation? ", a guy with suit asked them politely.

" Yes, it's Xavier Knight ", Xavier replied.

" Oh Mr knight ", the man exclaimed. " Please follow me "

They followed the man in the elevator. The man clicks at the rooftop floor, "we have everything ready sir".

Xavier only hummed in acknowledgement.

Arriving there the Xavier told them, " Enjoy your evening " And left.

The scenery was beautiful. Shanghai is a beautiful place. But in night it's looks more beautiful with all the lights like a magical land.

After they were seated a waiter came with their menu. "Here's the menu sir, ma'am. Do you want any drinks for refreshments? "

"Yes, red wine for me", Xavier said and looked at Jessica in question.

" The same ", Jessica replied.

" Have you decided for the main course? ", the waiter asked again.

" Yes, lemon garlic shrimp and mashed potatoes with salad ", Jessica said.

The waiter then looked at Xavier.

" Roast chicken with lemon and mashed potatoes for me too", Xavier said.

Taking the order the waiter left them. They talked about different kinds of things about their life. Xavier wanted to tell her about her past which she forgot but he restrained himself cause it was too early.

After finishing their dinner and Xavier took Jessica's hand and took her near the grills. The moon was above them shining brightly. The moonlight made Xavier's looks more attractive. In the moonlight Jessica looks like a goddess. Xavier was holding Jessica's hand.

"Can you close your eyes for a second? ", Xavier asked.

" That's how someone throw people from high places ", Jessica joked.

" Darling if I'm gonna throw you somewhere, I'll throw you in my bed", Xavier Huskyly whisperes. His breath was falling on Jessica's ear which made Jessica's ear beet red. Because of the shameless statement Jessica was blushing hard.

Closing her eyes she tried to avoid Xavier's previous statement.

"Waiter for a minute", Xavier whispered again. He then signaled the boys who were in charge of the lantern.

Receiving the signal all of them hurried up and light up the lanterns for them to fly up.

Slowly the lanterns were flying up, Xavier went behind Jessica and hugged her from the behind, " You can open your eyes... ", Xavier's breathe was on Jessica's neck tingleling all her senses.

In front of her Chinese lanterns were flowing in the air. There were like hundreds of lanterns.

" Jade " Xavier whispered.

Blurry vision••

A woman was waiting for a man in the rooftop. She was excited also nervous too. She's gonna confess her love to the man.

Blurry again,

The man and the woman were hugging each other, lanterns were flowing in the sky.

The man softly whispered, "I love you Jade"

"Ahhhh",  Jessica groaned holding her head, her head was pounding heavily. Her head was hurting. What was that she saw? Who was the woman? And who was the man? Who is Jade?

Hearing Jessica's painful groan Xavier immediately hold her to his chest. " What happened? ", he asked panicked.

" M-my head hurts ", Jessica said.

" Jessica relax ", Xavier tried to shush her patting her head. He doesn't know what is happening. She was alright a second ago. Why is she hurting now.

" Ja-", before saying anything everything went black for Jessica.

Morning came, Shanghai is busy with its own schedule. Jessica slowly opened her eyes eyeing her surroundings. She was in a unknown place. She was confused. She was with Xavier last night then the lanterns and the visions then everything is blank. She was on her own world to notice that the water in the bathroom was running.

Finishing his shower Xavier went out of the bathroom. He notice Jessica was awake and was in daze.

"Good morning", he greeted.

Hearing Xavier's voice Jessica was startled. When she looked at him her face was full red. Xavier was in nothing but with a small towel bearly hiding his private parts. His V line was showing. Xavier has a good build, he was in perfect body shape.

Noticing Jessica was looking at his abdomen Xavier laughed whole heartily. "Some things never change ", he thought to himself.

Embarrassed Jessica cleared her throat several times. " So, what happened yesterday ", she asked awkwardly.

" Well you passed out suddenly and I took you to my penthouse cause it was closer than yours. Don't worry I have informed Mr Lu ", Xavier assured.

" Looking at her surrounding Jessica asked, "is this your room? "

"Yes", Xavier replied shortly. " Anyway get fresh and take shower, someone will deliver dress for you. I'm going to wake up Aspen ".

" Okay, I'll see you in a minute "with that Jessica rushed to the bathroom.

Laughing Xavier went to Aspen's room. Yesterday he left her with  a nany for his date with Jessica. When he arrived home Aspen was already asleep. Doing his daughter's morning routine, he lead his daughter to the dinning room where Jessica was also there. Seeing Jessica Aspen's mood lift up.

"Aunt Jess", Aspen rushed to Jessica and hugged her leg.

"Good morning princess", Jessica kissed.

" Are you here to play with me? ", Aspen asked.

Looking at the expecting faces Jessica couldn't say no so she nodded yes.

" Why don't we all spend the day together? ", Xavier suggested. " It's weekend anyway. You can call Zian here and we can go to Disney Land for the kids ".

Agreeing to his suggestion Jessica messaged Lu Ming about their plan and asked him to escort Zian at Xavier's place.

" Okay, now let's finish break fast", Xavier said. "I'll ask someone to bring our outfits".

🌸Today double updates. Please vote and comment 🌸