Chapter 31

Xavier's POV

It's been one month since the accident with Sandra. Sandra is now in jail and baby Aspen has been with me the whole time. Even though Sandra lied to us Aspen is innocent. After we send Sandra in jail we contact with Sandra's parents and told them about the situation. To say they were angry is an understatement. They said they won't be fighting with us for Sandra, they said she deserves it and they are extremely sorry for what happened to our family. Also they cut off all the relations between them and Sandra. when I told them about baby Aspen they said they won't accept her because they don't know her origin and also because she's a basterd child. They also advised us to give her to the orphanage. They are quite cruel towards a child who isn't even 1 years old I must say. Mom and dad also suggested that I should put her in a orphanage but I couldn't do it. People may think I'm ridiculous but in this short time she has become an important person to me and an important part to my life. That's why I can't give her up and I'll raise her with my Jade when I find her. I know she'll support my decision. But it's already been half a year and there's no sign of Jade. Everyone is trying damn hard to find her but in vain. Idk what I'll do if I can't find her. I'm already going insane, only Aspen is keeping me sane for now but idk how long can I keep going. Recently I've been keeping my mind reserve in works and our business has also improved because of my continuous working. Mom tried to stop me but I know if I don't keep my mind busy I'll be insane because the guilt I feel everyday for loosing Jade, my most precious thing, the only person I've truly fell for. I really miss her. I really want her in my arms. A phone call made me come out of my thoughts.

"Hello, is this Mr Knight? ", the person asked.

" Yes, may I know who's this? ", I asked confused.

" Mr Knight I'm from NYC police department, I'm sorry to say but the person you've sent jail is dead now", he said.

"What? ", I asked confused.

" You know Ms Sandra, right? ", he asked.

" Yes", I replied. " She was charged for murder attempt and scamming attempt ".

" I'm sorry to say she's dead", he said.

"How's this possible? ", I asked.

" She tried to run away from jail and was caught on crossfire ", he said. " And in the way to the hospital she died ".

I was speechless for a while. Idk what is happening but I never thought that Sandra would be dead. I mean yeah I hate her but that doesn't mean that I want her dead.

" Mr Knight are you listening? ", the man again asked.

" Yeah, yeah I'm listening ", I said.

" Well we wanted to inform you about the news ", she said.

" Thank you for informing me", I said.

"It's our duty", he said and hung up.

It's really it! I thought to myself. Sandra is dead, Jade is missing and I have to raise Aspen.

The officers also informed Sandra's parents. Even though they disowned their daughter they came for her funeral. Not everyone liked Sandra but they came to respect her soul. The funeral was in NYC because her parents didn't wanted to take her to England. When they came to New York I asked them to meet their granddaughter but they refused and went back to England. They really didn't want Aspen. Sometimes I really feel bad for her for having this kind of grandparents and a mother who wants to kill you.

"But I'll always protect you Aspen", I promised to her kissing her forehead.

1 year later

1 year have passed but there's no news about Jade. Everyone thinks she's dead and gave up but I know she's not dead. Mom thinks I've gone insane to believe such nonsense. Jade's parents are also in the verge of giving up. Now Jade's mom only prays to God for her child's safety. Jason and Lexi also suggested that I give up. But I certainly can't. I still can't forget her scent. Jason inherited his dad's company and made alliance with ours. I can't believe so many things has changed in 1 year. Jason inherited the company, Lexi is now a famous chef in New York City. She concentrate on cooking after Jade's missing. She said she feels connected to her through cooking. Now she's a famous chef. I offered her as the chief chef in our hotel brunches. Baby Aspen is now 1 years old, she been crawling a lot lately. I think she'll learn to walk soon. She also learned to say the papa word. I can't spend many hours with her but she has grown up to a beautiful babygirl. Everyone seems to change through time but only I'm the same. I can't forget about her. I haven't gave up looking for her. The cops also closed the case and suggested me to give up. But I can't give only trying a little. For her I'll not leave a leaf unturned in the world. I never forgot my promise to her and I'll certainly find her, that was my promise to her.