Chapter 38

"He finally found her"

While Jessica was talking with the older woman Zian busted through the door of his uncle's office without a care. Hearing her son's shouting Jessica quickly bid her farewell with the older woman and call out for Zian to be careful. When she entered the room everyone present in there was looking at her way. She specifically noticed a man with certain deep ocean blue eyes like her son who was looking at her with a surprise look and with unknown longing. For a few seconds she was stunned but soon Lu Ming's voice snapped her from daze.

"你准时的小妹妹", [you're on time little sister] Lu Ming said going near Jessica and kissing her cheeks.

Turning her eyes from the certain man Jessica replied, "好吧,我总是准时" [Well,I'm always on time], she joked smirking.

Seeing their interaction Xavier gripped his hands on the arm of the chair gritting his teeth. His mind is running with the thoughts of why she is with him, why isn't she recognizing him, why is she here, how did she get here in Shanghai, is she angry with him for not being able to find her in earlier? . The more he's thinking about this the more he's getting angry and gritting his teeth. Seeing his boss's reaction Sam knew something might happen so he quickly asked Lu Ming to introduce her. Sam also knew about Jade and he was also stunned seeing the woman in front of him.

"Mr Lu, who is this fine woman? ", Sam asked.

" Oh! Let me introduce, this is Jessica Lu, my little sister ", Lu Ming looked at Jessica with a loving look. " And this is my nephew Zian Lu".

Hearing the response Xavier's heart skip a bit. His mind again thinking why is her name Jessica? Is she not her Jade? But she's exactly the carbon copy of Jade. Then suddenly a thought came to his mind making him sad. The little boy who is no older than Aspen, as Lu Ming said the boy is her son, is she married? The thought of her being with other man made him angry. But looking at the little boy made his heart soar up with unknown emotions.

Seeing Xavier wasn't saying anything Sam quickly speak up, "nice to meet you Ms Lu", he bowed his head in respective manner.

Coming out of his daze Xavier also greeted her. His eyes were full of longing which made Jessica somewhat uneasy, but also her heart was beating fast, very fast. She also greeted them. Then she looked at the little bubble of joy Aspen who was standing behind Xavier gripping Xavier's leg.

Smiling at the little girl Jessica asked, "hey princess, how are you? "

Shyly Aspen replied, "fine, aunt Jess, I missed you".

" Aww, I missed you too", Jessica cooed. "Zian also missed you".

The little boy nodded his head rapidly.

" Anyway Jess you know what to do, we'll be going now", Lu Ming said getting all of their attention.

"Yes, sir", Jessica joked like military personnel.

" Mr knight shall we go? Jess will look after your child ", Lu Ming said.

Xavier only nodded looking at Jessica. Feeling the intense stare Jessica blushed.

Without saying anything they left the room. All the time Xavier couldn't do anything, his thoughts we're only on Jade. His mind is saying that woman isn't Jade, she might be a look alike but his heart saying another thing. He wasn't able to concentrate on the  whole meeting. Sam did all the things. The meeting lasted almost three and half an hour. After all the office work they finished the meeting successfully. Shaking their hands they left the meeting room. Lu Ming took them to his office where Jessica was with Zian and Aspen. Three of them were fast asleep. Jessica was laying on the couch with Zian and Aspen both lying on her chest. The scene was so touching that Xavier's heart soar up with emotions.

Laughing Lu Ming said, " They must be tired ".

Jessica slowly woke up hearing the hush words. " Oh sorry, I even didn't know when I fall asleep with them", she said taking both Aspen and Zian's little body.

Xavier quickly went to help her, as their hands brush suddenly both of them felt a sudden jolts of electricity. But Jessica ignored that.

"Jade", Xavier whisper, only for Jess to hear.

She looked at Xavier with confusing eyes but Xavier didn't say anything.

" Anyway Mr knight this is your first time in Shanghai isn't it? Why don't you let us be you guide in here", Lu Ming suggests.

"That'd be great", Xavier replied quickly.

In reply Lu Ming only laughed. He noticed the love filled eyes Xavier were giving to Jessica. But he didn't say anything. He's not gonna interfere with their matters. He's gonna give Jess the Independence of choosing her man.

" So, that's final. Why don't you guys have breakfast at our place tomorrow? ", Lu Ming suggests. " My PA will give you the information".

Xavier nodded shaking his hands with Lu Ming but his eyes were on Jessica anyway. "See you tomorrow then", with that they turned to leave. But before leaving he once again looked at Jessica.

After they left Lu Ming wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

Jessica only rolled her eyes at her brother's silliness.

In the elevator Xavier once again asked Sam, "find out everything about Jessica Lu, something isn't adding up. I'm quite sure she's my Jade but why isn't she recognizing me".

Sorry for late updates. Recently I've been depressed and I wasn't feeling good to write anything. That's why I was late.