Chapter 8

Jade's POV

Since our last date Xavier and I got to know each other better. Today is the day of our family reunion for the wedding. I really hate to go there but I have to join the reunion. I was getting ready for the reunion with Lexi. Lexi was helping me with my makeup. She's like the best makeup artist I know. She's not professional but still better than me. I suck at doing makeup. As Lexi was giving me her final touches the door bell rang.

"I got it", Jason said from the living room.

" Okay you're ready now. Tonight he's can't keep his eyes off you", Lexi said smirking. "You're absolutely gorgeous, babe".

" Jade, you handsome hunk is here", Jason calls from the living room.

"Coming", I said wearing my high heels. I wore a white lace dress . It was sleeveless. Clutching my purse and phone. I went to the stairs and saw Xavier is talking to Jason. Hearing the clicking sound of my heels they looked up. When my eyes met Xavier's my face heat up. He was looking at me intensely. I gulped and went down there. He was wearing a simple full sleeves Prussian blue t-shirt and above it a white sweater. Even though it was simple he looked hot dare I say sexy? I think if he wears a potato sack he still would've looked handsome.

 Even though it was simple he looked hot dare I say sexy? I think if he wears a potato sack he still would've looked handsome

Jade's dress

Xavier's outfit

Xavier's outfit

Seeing me he came to me and held out his hand to me.

"You are stunning", he says kissing my cheek closer to my lips. Almost in the corner of my mouth.

Hearing his compliment I flushed red. Giving him a quiet thank you I told him he looked handsome too and looked up to him. There was a strange soft glimpse in his eyes. It was like adoration but I'm not sure. Someone's clearing throat I came to reality. I didn't realize I was watching his eyes all the time. His eyes were like the ocean.

"If you two lovebirds have enough of your stareing contest I want to take pictures of you guys", Lexi said teasingly.

Hearing this my face became crimson red. Suddenly I felt hot. We both avoided each other's eyes.

" Now Xavier put your hand on Jade's hip and move closer ", Jason said smirking. " Say cheese ".

I was very much awkward.

" Jade baby, loosen up. Smile. Give me your million dollar smile ", Lexi said.

" Jade put your right hand on Xavier's chest, look at the camera and Xavier keep your hand on Jade's hips and bring her closer ", Jason instructed.

We did exactly what he said.

" Like this we're never gonna make it the reunion ", Xavier whisper in my ear. I looked up at him and laughed at his words. I was unaware that Lexi was snapping our pictures.

" Perfect ", Jason clapped his hands. " Now go you're gonna be late.

"Finally", I said with my hands high. " By the way Xavier we're gonna be fashionably late to give them a show and don't worry the reunion is in New York not in LA. "

"When are we going there? ", he asked.

" Tomorrow ", I said. " After this reunion. They booked a whole hotel for this ", I said rolling my eyes. " Bloody show off ", I scoff.

When I saw Xavier's car I was stunned and wide eyed too. " Where did you get this car? " , I asked.

"I have my ways, baby", he said smugly.

" But are you sure the money I gave to you is enough? ", I asked unsurely.

" More than enough. Don't worry ", he said. " Now m'lady". He opened the car door for me.

"Thank you", I mumbled and got into the car. The car started with a purr. Every one in the street was looking at the car.

" I feel like a celebrity. Everyone is looking ", I said.

He just smiled. We reached at the venue where the family was gathering. Our family is not exactly billionaire but we were not poor either. Every one has their expensive cars but ours were the most sexy and expensive car among them. Even the waiter who was outside to receive us was looking at the car. Xavier parked the car.

" Wait here", he said getting off the car. He went to my side and opened the door for me.

"M'lady", he said with a bow and held out his hand. I laughed at his silliness and put my hand in his. We went to the waiter.

" We're here for the family gathering ", I said politely.

" Your name mam", he said .

"Jade King", I said.

" Ms. King, this way ", he said gesturing the way. Xavier grabbed my waist and walked behind the waiter. The gathering place was like a ball. Everyone was interacting with everyone. I drew a deep breath and walked inside the ball room. Xavier was beside me. His hands were on my waist. When we entered the room everyone looked up at us. My mother, aunt and cousins were gaping at me and Xavier while my father and uncles were starring at Xavier. I saw Drew and Katie clinging to each other. That backstabbing bitch, I thought. It was like a stab on the heart to see them but I swallowed the lump coming to my throat and gave my best fake smile to them.

Mom and dad came to us.

"Who's this gentleman Jade? " Mom asked.

"Mom, dad this is Xavier. My boyfriend", I introduce them. " Xavier it's my mom and dad".

"It's nice to meet you Mr and Mrs King", Xavier said and stretch out his hand to dad. Dad stare at it and shook it firmly.

" I must say You're much more beautiful and young than in your pictures Mrs. King", Xavier said politely.

Hearing it my mom giggled like a high school girl. "Oh, you're such a sweetheart", my mom said. One thing about my mom she likes no loves getting compliments.

" Why don't you guys go chat while us guys drinks ",  dad said finality lacing his voice. I had no choice but to agree. I looked at Xavier and leaned up to kiss his cheeks

" Be careful ", I whispered.

" Always ", he said kissing my cheeks. I gave my last glance at him then went with my mom.