Chapter 6

Jade

Sometimes I just wish that there was no phone or even any technology so that my mom couldn't contact with me so often. Is she really that clueless or what I really don't know. She knows that Drew was my ex and he's marrying  my fucking cousin. How can she  request me to come to the wedding 1 week earlier. Like seriously? Doesn't she knows that I fucking hate this wedding. Now I doubt that my mother really cares about me. Our conversation of a few minutes ago was still ringing in my ears.

A few minutes earlier

"Hello, Jade can you please come 1 week  before the wedding? ", my mother asked.

" Why?", I asked.

"Please come. You know you're one of the bride's maid. You have to be there", my mom said.

Hearing that my eyes went big like saucers. " What? Why am I a bride's maid? ", I asked venomly.

" She's your first cousin. Of course, you'll be her bride's maid", she said like it was no big deal.

"Sorry mom but I can't I have work to do", I said rolling my eyes even though she can't see me.

" Now young lady, you'll come here 1 week earlier. Don't make me do it for you", she said hinting me that she was done talking about this.

With a defeated sigh I said, "alright. I'll come".

" Good now bye. I have work to do", she said happy with my answers.

Defeatedly I lowered my head and bang my head with the table. She didn't even asked me how I was. Letting out a heavy sigh I called Xavier and told him that," There's a slightest change of plans.  We have to go to the wedding 1 week earlier".

The line was silent for a second then he said, "so, you're saying we have to go earlier? ".

" Yes, that's what I said. We have to or else mom will take action ", I said.

" Okay, no problem. I'll clear out my work thenthen", he said.

I sighed with relief. "Thank you Xavier, really thank you so much. You don't know how much it means to me", I said appreciately.

"You don't need to thank me", he said teasingly.

"  No I must . By the way can we meet tomorrow so that we can talk about this I mean about this lie like how we met and our love story? ", I asked.

" Yeah, no problem. When are you free? ", he asked.

" Anytime you want ", I said.

" Then I'll meet you at the jolly's diner. You know that diner? ", he asked.

" Yes, it's 10 minutes drive way from the apartment where I live.

"Then I'll meet you there for breakfast and after that we can go on a date to know each other better? " He said more like asked.

My heart skipped a bit hearing this but I managed to get out of that. "Yea....h w..we can", I sttature. Damnit why did I sttature? Now he's gonna think I'm a creep. From the other line I heard him laughing.

" Okay then. See you tomorrow. Be there at sharp 9 . Don't be late. I hate later comers ", he teased.

" Don't worry I'm very punctual about time. I'll be there ", he said.

Okay, see you tomorrow, bye", he said.

" Bye", I said.

When he hang up the call I sequeled like a high school girl. I don't know why but I'm very excited about the date even though I know it's not an actual date. I began jumping and laughing on my bed. Hearing my sequels Jason came running to me my room.
"What happened?", Jason asked.

" Nothing I'm just excited about tomorrow", I said.

"Why? What is tomorrow? ", he asked narrowing his eyes at me.

I told about everything. He is also happy for and we both sequels in the bed like high school girls.