Chapter 1

1 month's later

Jade's pov

"Jade serve the table on the corner", my boss on work said to me.

"But billy I'm on my breaks besides I'm a cook not a waitress".

" I don't care jade", He said with authority . Beside today the caffe is full of customers and there is shortage of stuff to serve them and I need you to serve now.

I really hate this place.  With a huff I  went there to take their order . After taking their order I went to the kitchen.

"I really hate customers now. Specially the couples"

" What heppend ?", My co-worker/bestfriend Lexi asked me. Lexi is my given nickname for Alexandra.

" It's my break but Billy is forcing me to work and FYI I'm a cook", I said rolling my eyes . I bake sweets I'm not a waitress.

"Jade take a chill pill", she said. I know after your breakup with drew you are a little mess but that doesn't mean that you'll have to hate your passion and this is your passion! This caffe is your drem jade and baking is your Passion,Lexi lectured me.

"I know Lexi but i'm a mes___", I didn't even finished my sentence.

"what are you doing jade?", my boss a.k.a Billy asked angrily. Haven't I had already told you about you serving today? The customers are waiting for their order and you are talking with miss rivera?

" I'm sorry sir it won't heppen again", With that I went on working.

In the evening I was exhausted would be an understatement. I was ready to go home but as I was going my boss called for me in his office.

"Billy you called for me?" I asked.

"Yes, jade", he sighed. Listen it's not personal but you have to understand that I'm a businessman and I can't work with my emotions everywhere so don't be mad but Jade you are fired.

Those words took some seconds to go on my brain . As those words sink into me I  was very shocked beause I was the main source of his popular business without my cupcakes and pestries this caffe is nothing and those yummy cupcakes were my invention I mean I'm the one who invented the secret recipe to make those cupcakes more yummy. How can he do this to me.

After a moment I finally found my voice to speak. "Billy , why are you firing me?" I asked calmly . What have I done? I was in the verge of crying but I blink those tears away.

"I'm sorry, Jade but recently you are not in your right mind",he said.  I mean you are not concentrating in your works plus those cupcakes lost their magic becuse you are not concentrating in your works. Customers are complaining.

He sigh and said "Jade, I know you are very much Vulnerable because of your breakup but it's been 1 month and you are still mopping about it. I can't risk my business because of it. I have to take their complain seriously. I can't lose my caffe because of you try to understad.

"Oh Yeah?" I asked irritately. Did you forgot that becuse of me this caffe is famous.

I thought billy won't say anything but God was i wrong?

He became offended and with a inhuman growl he said, "you ungreatfull brat don't forget that when you came here who gave you the job and who gave you money".

Now I'm also angry because of my anger I also raised my voice. "You know what billy? I don't need your jod anymore", I all but shouted. Oh and before you fire me I quit this shitty job anyway you don't even pay your emplyee's the amount of money they Deserve and also you are doing such a shitty job being a owner of this caffe. Your caffe uniform is even worser than your face. with that I walked out.

Cold wind hit my face as soon as i'm out of the caffe. Now I'm officially jobless, found my boyfriend of 5 years cheating on me with my whore of a cousin  and lastly my car is now broke. What a Great Year. "Yay!" (note the sarcasm).

Without knowing I went to the park near the caffe. The park is always peaceful and perfect for a thinking place. Also people, families come here in their leisure time. I sat on a bench looking in the distance. My mind drifted to Drew. I'm a mess. He is the sole reason of my situation if he hadn't cheated on me we would've been now sitting on his apartment balcony while shiping coffe. But things has changed. He cheated. He broke my heart when i thought he is the one who wouldn't hurt me. I was so deep in my thoughts that I didn't noticed my phone was ringing. Jason was calling me. Of all these mess he and Lexi are the best thing that I got now. Receiving his call I went out of the park.