Chapter 30

Xavier's POV

**5months later, after jade got missing**

It's been 5 months since the accident and Jade got missing. For 3 months Jason and Lexi didn't talk to me, they even didn't look at my direction. Jade's parents were my biggest supporters. They believed in me. They believed that I could bring Jade back. After 3 months of Jade's missing case Jason and Lexi began to warm up to me. Gradually they saw my love for her and stopped blaming me. Now everyone is helping me to find Jade. I've already assigned 500 private detectives to find about her wearabouts. My parents also settled in here saying that they want to be near their grandchild. I haven't confronted my mother yet cause I need proper proof for that and now my only goal is to find my Jade. Jade's gone missing has impacted me the most. My workers also suffered from it cause I can't concentrate in anything and I'm always moody, hotheaded, hate people nowadays, can't bear another girls presence. Everyone now believes that Jade is dead but I don't think so. Deep inside my heart, it keeps telling me Jade is alive. My parents told me to give up but I simply can't. I've ordered people to look for her the whole USA. I believe she's somewhere out there all alone, waiting for me and I won't let her down this time.

I haven't married Sandra yet but I've been keeping tabs on her. I always feel suspicious of her. Idk why but I feel like the baby is not mine. But Sandra is like an old fox, she cautious of me. That's why I've good with her, I want to make her believe that I've long forgotten about Jade, this makes me feel sick but I have to endure it so that I could reveal her scams. I've also been close to the baby, we named her Aspen Knight. Even if this baby isn't mine I love her. I fell in love with her even though I hate her mum. After Jade's missing I've tried every means to calm myself and not to do anything reckless for mine and Jade's sake. To keep myself busy I started to spend time with baby Aspen. But Sandra was always cautious of me. After 4 months of Jade's missing and knowing about my suspicion Jason and Lexi both advice me to do a DNA test again but Sandra has been so careful that I couldn't do it. A few days ago she began to trust me, it was my chance for the DNA test and I've made a good thing out of it. Now I'm waiting for the result in my office lost in my thoughts about Jade, I really miss her. Just remembering her memories with me I feel like crying. I regret for not holding onto her tightly enough, not saying much she means to me, how much I love her, how I'll do everything and anything only to bring smile in her beautiful face. I was a fool for not doing it sooner. Now I'm drowning in my old guilt. I was so deep in my thoughts that I didn't hear someone knocking at the door and entering my office. Someone's coughing voice made me come out of my daze. When I look up it was none other than my secretary Mr. Smith. He's of my age or 1/2 years older than but of all he's a great employee to me.

"Sir, I've got the DNA test reports", Mr Smith or Sam said to me.

" Give it ", I extended my hands for the reports. I was anxious and nervous. I was afraid of the result. Slowly I opened the reports. Looking at it my whole world stand still and made a new turn! The DNA test is negative.

" Sam! The DNA test is negative, that's mean I'm not the father! ", I exclaimed happily. I was happy, I wished Jade was with me, so that I could tell her proudly that I didn't make any mistake.

" Congratulation sir", Sam congrats me politely. But suddenly a realization hit me. If Baby Aspen isn't mine than I can't keep her with me. In this short amount of time I became close to her and love her.

"It's a happy day for you sir. So, why's the gloomy face? ", Sam asked confused.

" It's just that I've come to love baby Aspen, now thinking about being separated I suddenly feel down ", I said in a gloomy voice.