Ishani too couldn't stand tears in her best friend's eyes. She immediately hugged annika. Both the best friends cried in each other's embrace. Others smiled seeing the duo.

      They broke the hug after sometime and wiped their tears. Both chuckled looking at each other's crying face.

      'I missed you.' Both said in unison making everyone chuckle and again hugged each other tightly......

_________________________________________

       Everyone was at Trivedi House for the selection of engagement rings. There was hustle bustle everywhere. They were waiting for shivaay to come as he had an important meeting. Annika was fidgeting with her fingers looking at the door time to time.

       After some time, her phone rang which showed jaana❤ as the caller id. She went to a corner to attend his call.

     'Shiv! Where are you? We are waiting.' She said as soon as he said hello.

      'Annika! I can't come as i have two more meetings.' He replied as if it was just a formality. She got sad listening to him.

      'But shiv! The rings....'

    'Oh come on, Annika! Don't be so typical yaar. It's just the rings.' He cut her off mid-way breaking her heart with his sour words. She didn't speak anything for a few minutes. 

     Sensing her silence, he spoke softly, 'Just choose any one you like. Any ring would do.'

     'Hmm.' She just hummed in response fearing that if she spoke then she would cry which she didn't want at any cost. He too could sense that she was on the verge of crying but that's what he wanted. He wanted to complete his so called revenge. Annika cut the call without saying anything. Composing herself, she plastered a fake smile on her face and went where everyone was sitting. She explained them that shivaay would not come since he had some important work. Only she knew how she told all this without letting her voice crack in between.

     She chose the rings with ishani and other's help. Although she badly wanted him to choose the ring for her but she was happy that she was finally getting engaged to him. That was more important at the instant.

     She took the picture of rings and sent him. She was patiently waiting for his reply but got nothing. She was even more disheartened when she saw the blue tic that meant that he had seen the picture but didn't reply. And then, he went offline.

     Everyone left as the work was done.

      She went to her room to calm herself down. After that, she spent the whole day being locked in the room only. She didn't know why but she didn't feel like doing anything. Any other girl would have been busy in choosing different stuff for her engagement day but there she was, just laying on bed, turning and tossing thinking about his behaviour. She tried a lot to not think much about it but the more she tried to ignore it the more his words invaded her mind.

      Shivaay was asked or better to say ordered by pinky to meet annika once he was free since she had noticed how annika felt bad on the news of him not coming for the ring selection. Although he didn't want to yet he compiled to his mother's demand.

      It was 9pm when he reached her house. Her parents welcomed him inside. After the formal greetings and her mother offering water to him, he left to annika's room as guided by Avantika.