Chapter 82 (Christmas Special part I)

Merry Christmas! The second part of this chapter will be up momentarily. :)

–Queen <3

--

Mitch's POV:

I thank my driver before searching my purse for the spare housekeys Scott had given me a few weeks ago. I agreed to stop by today after my shoot to help him decorate his house for Christmas. 

I had my own place decorated professionally by one of my designers and suggested Scott hire one himself to take some time off of his hands, but apparently decorating was an important tradition for the Kaplan's and having someone decorate for him would be a "calamity".

I roll my eyes just thinking about it. Scott could be such a little kid at times, but it's really adorable that he doesn't let growing up take away from the magic of Christmas. Scott could find the beauty in the little things and wasn't ashamed of his childish side. I wish I could be more like him; not take life too seriously all of the time and just enjoy the beauty of being alive. 

I get nervous as I approach the door. Scott's entire family was in town for the week and I haven't seen Esther, Avi, Mr. and Mrs. Kaplan or gran and gramps in a while, respectively. 

I take a deep breath and give a little knock before letting myself in.

**

Scott's POV:

I hear the door and immediately perk up from the dining room table, where everyone was working on making homemade ornaments for the huge tree I got this year that is currently sitting undressed in my living room.  

"We're in the dining room!" I yell to Mitch, standing up from my chair.

Mitch, looking gorgeous as ever, waves nervously. "Hello." he says shyly.

I walk over to give him a hug, but he's already bombarded by hugs and 100 questions from my parents, Esther, Avi, and my grandparents. 

My face curls into a large smile when I realize how much my family loves and accepts Mitch. When I mentioned he would be coming over today, everyone was excitedly asking if we were back together again, which I just laughed off. Mitch and I were finally in a really good place as friends, and we had no intention of changing that.

At least, that's what Mitch apparently believes. I knew him well, though. He misses how we used to be as well. 

"I've missed you so much, Mitchy! How are you liking LA? And be honest." Esther asks Mitch as she holds his hand. 

"I love it! I feel so grown up and independent now that I've moved out! I mean, I-I don't know how I would be surviving if I didn't have Scotty... he's always there for me. But my career is really taking off and LA feels like home now. Although, I have been missing my family."

"That's okay! You'll see them soon for Christmas!" Esther exclaims. 

"I'm glad you're liking LA, Mitch. You definitely belong here and deserve every ounce of success you've had." Avi says kindly with a warm smile. 

I roll my eyes. "Why don't you ever congratulate my success, bro?" I frown.

Avi laughs.

 "Because your head is already big enough." He responds with a tongue stuck out. 

"Fuck you, Avi."

"Scott!" my mother, father, and grandparents all exclaim in unison as Esther gasps, holding back a laugh.