Chapter 36

I decided that going to Mitch's house was the only way that I would be able to properly apologize to him. The feeling that he was mad at me for getting him in trouble was eating me alive, although he seemed to be less upset after texting me that he had convinced his mother to let him stay home from church. However, he'd texted me again not even 10 minutes later that he had apparently gotten into a huge fight with his father over it. I tried to comfort him to the best of my abilities but knew that I would need to see him in person to know if he was really okay. 

And that's how I found myself sitting in Avi's car outside of Mitch's house.

 I was thankful for Avi letting me borrow his car, it had been raining all morning and I wouldn't have been able to stay dry on my motorcycle. Avi agreed that I had to go see Mitch, but Esther wasn't as supportive. She knew it had to be done but was worried that I would get Mitch in even more trouble, and she was probably right (not that I would ever admit it to her.)

So I made sure to call Mitch and ask if his parents were still away before making my way over to his house. He had a hint of annoyance in his voice but insisted that he was just in the middle of studying when I asked if he was upset with me.

Hopefully he would be happy to see me.

 I took a deep breath and fumbled around with my phone in my hands, enjoying the sounds of rain hitting Avi's car whilst staring at Mitch's house.

"It's now or never, don't be a wuss." I reminded myself.

Me: I have a surprise for you that I think might cheer you up a bit. <3

Future boyfriend: ?

Me: Can you stop studying real quick and like go outside?

Future boyfriend: It's raining Scott... I don't wanna get wet. Lol

Future boyfriend: What is going on? I'm confused. 

Me: Oh, that is true. lol

Future boyfriend: Are you okay? You're being weird...

I hopped out of the car and made my way up to Mitch's front door. I didn't even care that I was getting drenched, I just needed to apologize to Mitch. 

Me: Open your front door?

Future boyfriend: You're being creepy. Are you stalking me or something? :P

Me: Yes. Can you open your front door? It's wet out here.

10 seconds after I sent the text his front door swung open. 

"Oh my god! Scott! What are you doing?! Get inside, you're gonna get sick." 

Mitch was barefoot and topless, clad in only a pair of sweatpants. I must have stared too long because he cleared his throat. 

"Scotty..."

I finally met his eyes and noticed that they were red and puffy. He must have been crying.

"What's wrong babe?" I asked, staring into his beautiful eyes.

He looked away and to the ground. "Just please come inside..." he said softly. 

"Yeah, sure."

I kneeled to take my shoes off and set them by the front door.

"Follow me." Mitch ordered as I stood back up.

He led me through his very clean house into his very clean bathroom.

"It's so clean in here." I noted.