Chapter 28

So I've been busy and feeling unmotivated to write, but then today I went through my notifs and read all of the nice comments people have been leaving, which inspired me to continue writing. Your comments really do go a long way, so thank you SO much to everyone who leaves nice comments reassuring me that my writing is indeed enjoyable and making others happy. Also, THANK YOU for all of the likes! I can't believe this story has gotten to 3.3k reads! ❤️😭  I love you all. Please enjoy this chapter, it's full of  scomiche interaction. 

--

After Mitch didn't pick up the second time I tried calling him I decided to text him instead. I chose not to take it personally; perhaps he just wasn't up to talking. He is shy after all and maybe speaking in such a vulnerable state was too much for him to handle. I'm not gonna lie though, I felt kind of sad. I wished he trusted and felt comfortable enough around me to open up.

Who am I to say that? He's opened up to me WAY more than I've ever attempted opening up to him...

Maybe it's time I tell him the truth.

Slow down there, this isn't about you. This is about Mitch and making sure that he's okay right now.

Me: Mitch? I talked to Esther, how are you feeling?

I gave him a few minutes to reply before I saw that he read my message and still didn't respond.

Me: Please, baby. I want you make sure you're okay. X

A few seconds later my phone dinged and I smiled in triumph, knowing my charm calmed him down enough to get him to reply.

Mitchy: I'm sorry

My heartbeat grew faster as I drew my brows together in confusion.

Me: What?

Mitchy: I'm so sorry Scotty.

Me: Baby, relax. I forgive you. Just tell me why you're sorry.

Mitchy: Well obviously because I can't do this! :( I can't go there and embarrass myself in front of Avi Kaplan!

Oh, now I understood.

Me: Mitchy, Avi isn't that scary. You'd be surprised, he's actually very kind.

Mitchy: You're friends with him... you wouldn't understand.

Now I was beginning to get worried. I've been through many a panic attack in my life, so I knew what was happening straight away and reacted upon instinct. I got up and fast-walked to my motorcycle, shooting Esther a quick text telling her where I was going before texting Mitch one last time.

Me: I'm coming over.

--

10 minutes later and I was knocking on the Grassi's front door.

I didn't even know if his parents were home or if he had any siblings at home, but I didn't care. I just wanted to make sure that he wasn't going though this on his own.

I watched as the front door window cover was peeled back timidly, my heartbeat quickening at the thought of seeing him.

He must have known I would be here since he read my text message. He didn't reply, but he also didn't try and stop me from coming.

A few seconds later and I could hear an alarm being turned off and front door unlatching.

My heart broke at the sight of him.

Red puffy eyes, tear stained cheeks and a tired expression on his face.

I gave him a sympathetic smile and opened my arms to him. He fell in both gently and perfectly into my broader, taller frame and we stayed there a moment in silence.