Chapter 2

*Hey queens. :) I've been having a lot of fun writing these! Things are about to get exciting soon, I promise! But for now bare with me as Mitch tries to convince his parents to let him take a class at a public school. I want this story to be paced realistically so be patient! It'll be worth it. :)

My alarm woke me early on Saturday morning. I got ready and hurried downstairs to the Landry room to start my chores. I grabbed a quick banana for breakfast and upon exiting the kitchen I saw Mike sitting in the living room on his chair watching the news. He eyed me suspiciously over his coffee.

"Going somewhere?" He asks.

Oh crap! I forgot to get my parents' permission to go over to Kirstie's!

I know what you're thinking... I was just going to visit a friend, but you see, my parents are super strict and that's one of the reasons (Other than them wanting me to be trapped) that I'm homeschooled.

"I'm sorry I forgot to ask dad. I was going over to Kirstie's. You know how we like to spend our weekends together."

He smiled at that. "Oh, Kirstin! I like when you hang out with her" (Of course he does. I know he wishes that we were still dating) "Is Alexander going to be there too?"

Great... He's still worried about me being around other boys. Alexander is one of my best friends, I would never date him.

"No, father."

"Good, you may go. Be home before late."

"Yes, father. Kirstie's house is only a neighborhood down and less than a mile..."

"Tell Mrs. Maldonado your mother and I said hello. And Kirstin too, of course."

"Goodbye, father."

--

I got to Kirstie's in 20 minutes. Record timing! What should have been a 30 minute walk went by a lot faster due to my motivation of leaving home.

I showed up at 11AM and rang the bell.

Mrs. Maldonado threw the door open and I was in her arms before I could say "Hello Mrs. Maldonado".

She offered me a beverage and asked if I had eaten breakfast like usual. She then proceeded to tell me I'm get skinnier although she had just seen me 4 days prior when I stopped by for lunch with Kirstie.

"What have Mike and Nell been feeding you, child?! You look starved!"

Thanks....

And then,

"Mom, stop it! You're scaring him again! Seven years and you still frighten him... Hi, Mitch!"

My savior. "Hey Kirst. Missed you."

She gave me a hug and yanked me down the hall to her bedroom.

I always loved it at Kirstie's house. It's a lot smaller than mine as it only has one floor while mine has two, but it's wide and spacious. Kirstie's bedroom is always nice, neat and comforting. Much the opposite of mine. She knows I like it here and it was nice of her to let me escape my prison- I mean, my house.

She shut the door. "Now tell me what's wrong..."

Okay, we're getting right to it. "Which part?"

"Mitchell Coby-Michael Grassi..."

I cringed at the name.

"Mom keeps telling me to come out to Mike and Mike is suspicious so he keeps making me watch football and other sports and making me grill steaks and clean fish and now he wants me to date you! He wouldn't have even let me left the house today had Alex been with us. My own best friend! He's worried that I'll mess around with Alex. I'm so incredibly pissed and stressed and the only think I can do to stay distracted is lock myself in my bedroom and watch sponge bob and take my online courses and oh crap, I didn't study my Spanish before I came over here today! My mom is gonna kill me and th-"

"Oh my god. We need to take a vacation together."

I just noticed that I had been pacing around Kirst's bedroom and she sat on her bed staring at me in bewilderment. I was a mess.

"Sorry." I said before plopping myself on her bed beside her. "Cuddles?"

She lay beside me and propped her head on my chest before draping an arm over my flat tummy. "I'm sorry you're so stressed. We probably can't take a vacation, but I have something to show you that might cheer you up."

"I'm intrigued."

We lay there for a bit just soaking in the silence and enjoying being in each others arms before Kirst sat up and reached down for her laptop that was on the floor beside the bed. She opened up the browser and her fingers went flying before she ended up on Martin High's school website.

I glanced at her and watched as she clicked *Martin High Show Choir*

"Kirstin, I-"

"-Just hear me out, okay?" She pushed the computer onto my lap and pressed play on a video that popped up. The choir was unisex and the video was titled "State 2016". I was enthralled and didn't realized the big goofy grin I had plastered onto my face as they sang "Seize The Day" from Newsies. The video ended until and Kirstie clapped her hands. "Right! So you're in? I'm taking the class with Alex and Naomi! I don't think Kate is going to do it but Jeremy might be."

Kirstie has this big crush on Jeremy and it's really adorable. Maybe if I take choir I'll find a boy to swoon over...

"It's not that simple, Kirst..." I giggled nervously, scratching the back of my neck and looking down into my lap. I wanted to cry thinking of my parents (well, Mike) rejecting the idea.

"But this isn't drama, Mitch! And your dad loves you being in church choir. It's no different!"

"Yeah it is, they dance and wear costumes and my dad will-"

"-So, don't tell him! Have your mom sign you up and tell your dad it's just a boring old choir. He doesn't have to know its a show choir."

I thought about that for a moment. "What if she tells Mike?"

Kirstie rolled her eyes and pulled me back down to lay flat on my back. She cuddled into my neck and gave me a hug. "Just think about it, okay? For me? And Alex and Naomi?"

"Okay..."

--