Chapter 68

I was very angry with Josh so I had Kirstie pick me up from his place before he would be returning from work. I would've left myself but I didn't have my car.

I was sat in Kirst's car, playing with my fingers nervously.

"So, what's happened? Please tell me, because I will literally kill Josh. I don't care how muscular he is, he won't stand a chance."

I shake my head. "No, he didn't do anything. We kinda had a small fight earlier but he's sent an apology text since."

Kirstie rolls her eyes. "Charming."

I stay quiet, not wanting to get into it with Kirstie. I knew that if I did she would tell me he's controlling.

"You sure there's nothing to talk about?" She asks after a while.

I spit it out. "I'm accepting the job and going to LA."

The car stops abruptly as Kirst slams on the breaks.

"Holy shit!" I shriek as we're stopped in the middle of the road in the neighborhood.

"Sorry, sorry! Oh my god." Kirstie quickly pulls the car over and puts it in park. "I'm so happy for you!"

I wasn't expecting her to have this sort of reaction.

"At least somebody is." I mumble into the bear hug she's currently suffocating me in.

Kirst quickly catches on to my subtle shade. "Oh shit, really Mitch? Tell him to fuck off. You're not really second guessing LA for Josh, are you?"

I don't respond.

"No way! You'll regret that so much. Remember when Jeremy didn't want me to go take that internship in Chicago so we could be together? Now look what's happened. I have regrets because I didn't take the job, and we're broken up!"

Kirstie was great at making me see things in a different light. "I get your point, but how am I supposed to go if he doesn't support me?"

Kirst snorts annoyedly. "Mitch, do you want to go to LA?"

"More than anything." I sigh.

"Then there's your answer." She says simply.

"I know what I have to do, but it's not going to end well for Josh and me." I say sadly. 

Kirst grabs my hand and stares into my eyes. "If he loves you he has to let you go, you know? It's cliche because it's true. I obviously love you so much, and I would never hold you back from your dreams. I'm sure your parents will feel the same way as I do, and Alex and Esther. All of your true support system, we want this for you. Josh can suck my dick."

"Kirst! Vulgarity!" I gasp playfully.

Kirstie giggles and I feel myself growing more sad at the thought of ending things with Josh. "But seriously though, Josh is so good to me."

"Oh, you'll find someone better in LA. Trust me." Kirst shrugs.

"It's not that simple!" I say, defending Josh. He would want me to defend him. "LA guys are douchey and Josh is so special, and he loves me."

"Yeah... you telling me that? Or are you telling yourself that?" She challenges.

I shake my head. "I don't know... B-But, I love him."

Kirstie gives the sigh that signals she's about to drop a "truth bomb".

I await her words that shortly follow her breath.