Chapter 31

My alarm woke me up at 8:00 Friday morning. I had to clean my room and get ready for Mitch who I was expecting at around noon. 

It took me 2 hours to shower, pick out an outfit, and style my hair. Considering the fact that this usually takes me about 30 minutes is an example of how anxious I am for Mitch to get here. I texted him my address last night and he said his house was a 20 minute bike ride away. I offered to pick him up but he insisted that he was fine and liked to bike along Arlington. 

At 11 I felt like a chicken with its head cut off, trying to finish organizing my room whilst trying to rush my family out of the house. Esther went to the mall with some friends, Michael and Shelly were going to see a movie and Avi... Well, Avi was pissing me off. Oh, and did I mention I was also trying to cook lunch? 

I am quite possibly the worst cook ever, but I really wanted to cook something for me and Mitch. Whenever we spend time together we eat out, so I figured having something homemade would be nice. I knew I wouldn't be able to handle anything too complex so I just stuck with grilled cheese sandwiches. I was going to put apple slices in them to make them "fancy" but just as I came back to the kitchen after leaving the sandwiches on the stove to toast, I discovered a black and burnt mess in the pan. "Dammit! How could I have possibly screwed up on frying bread?!" I groanedd.

Avi walked into the kitchen, arms folded and smirk playing on his lips. "Like some help baby bro?" 

I sighed, giving up. It was already 11:30 now. "Please?" I pouted.

"Of course. Go do what you need to do and let the chef handle this." He joked. 

I rolled my eyes. "Alright, alright... Just be quick. Mitch will be here shortly and you've gotta go."

Avi nodded. "You got it."

I then rushed back to my room to finish making my bed. Once I had finished I sighed, plopping down onto the fresh comforter beneath me and grabbing my phone off of the bedside table. I texted Jeremy about Kirstie and the party to distract myself. He seemed excited for tomorrow, but I still didn't know if I was going to have a date. I hadn't asked Mitch and he might not even want to go with me after I spill the truth today... 

Suddenly the bell rang and I leapt out of my bed and rushed to the front door. I went out to the foyer just as Avi had opened the door. "Well hello there! I wasn't expecting you."

I rolled my eyes and pouted with a sigh, crossing my arms over my chests.

"A-Avi?! Oh my gosh!" Mitch practically squealed. "Th-this is your house?" 

"Did you not know? Did someone give you the wrong address or-"

 "-Avriel, leave him alone." I finally begged. 

Mitch looked past Avi to see me and gave a shy wave. 

Avi looked between the two of us and smirked. "Oh, Scott! Why didn't you tell me you were inviting your friend over? Well I've just started lunch so I should probably make some extra for you then Mitchell."

That little shit.

"Oh, that's not necessary. Thank you so mu-"

"-Please Mitchell, I insist." He said with a wink. 

Puke.

Mitch was red as a tomato. He nodded his head and stared at Avi as if he was a god.

"Oh, how rude of me! Please come inside!" Avi said exaggeratedly, welcome Mitch through the front door. "I'll just be in the Kitchen."