Chapter 61

From here on out this story will be in mixed POV's with no particular pattern. 

Enjoy!

--

SCOTT's POV:

The warm sunshine slipped over my eyelids, gently stirring me from my slumber just before my alarm was mean't to go off. 

I shut my alarm off before it could ring and lay in bed for an extra five minutes just to soak in the peacefulness of the morning before I had to get up and face my responsibilities.

I wondered what I would eat for breakfast as I washed the shampoo out of my hair in the shower. I had a particular taste for bacon and would make sure to mention it to Genevieve once I headed down. 

It was 8:00 by the time I had finished getting ready and doused myself in cologne. I was going to be late and dreaded hearing Avi bitch at me (like always) during breakfast. 

"Good morning, Scott!" Genevieve greeted as soon as I entered the kitchen. She was smiling and cheery as always, so I smiled back.

"Hey hey," I reply. I enhale the scent off eggs and bacon and glance at the fresh tray of bacon in Geneveive's hand. "Damn Gen..." I sigh happily.

"What is it?" She giggles.

I grab a piece from the tray and grin. "I should've known I didn't even have to ask."

"Well Scott, I've been making you bacon per your request practically every day for the past two-and-a-half years now..."

"It's been a proper three years, I believe." I correct her as I take a seat in one of the stools at the kitchen island. Genevieve quickly presents a plate of food in front of me. 

She always moved dilligently and would urge me to dig in to my food before I had to go. 

"The pancakes contain matcha powder, a new recipe that I'm trying to master. Let me know what you think about it." Geneveive says before she goes to tidy up and wash her mixing bowls and pans. "Eat up."

I listen to her order and begin to devour my breakfast just as Avi walks in through the front door.

"Scott Richard Hoying-Kaplan!" 

I roll my eyes. "Kitchen!" I yell back. 

Avi comes sprinting into the kitchen. "Oh good, you're already ready to go. Finish up quickly, we've got studio in an hour and LA traffic sucks ass." 

"Yeah yeah, I know the routine. Where were you though?"

"I went for a run." He says matter-of-factly, as I had just noticed him covered in sweat and dressed in athletic clothing. "Told ya I wouldn't break my new-years resolution in the first week."

I smirk. "Trying to get fit for the ladies, old-man Kaplan?"

"What's it to you? Also, I'm only barely 2-years older than you are..." He responds with an eye-roll. "Anyways, just be quick so we can go please. I don't want us to be late yet again and have to hear any more shit from Kev."

"I'm coming, I'm coming." I mumble with a mouth full of pancakes.

Avi and Genevieve start having a conversation as I finish up and then Avi and I head to the parking garage.

"Which car should we talking today?" Avi grins. 

Avi always loved cars as a young boy so it was no surprise that as and adult his favorite part of heading to the studio was picking out which car from his collection he'd drive that day. 

I shrug. "Dunno."

Avi sighs. "What's wrong today, Scott?"

I shrug again. 

"Please, Scott? Talk to me. Are you nervous about recording today because last time wasn't the best? It's gonna be fine. We got through most of the difficult stuff already and now we can just have fun with backing vocals, yeah?"

"I guess..." I respond quietly, avoiding eye-contact with Avi.

"Hell yeah, man. You've gotta get hyped! Aren't you excited that the fans will be hearing our new collaborative album in the summer?"

I smile at the thought of my fans. They're the reaosn why I wake up every morning and they bring me all of the light and happiness in my mildly fucked-up life. I don't know what I would do without them, but I do know that wherever I would be without them wouldn't be good... 

"We should take the tesla. Come on Avi, let's hurry so we're on time!" I say excitedly as I find myself now anticipating finishing the recording session and album.

--