[Suho] Guardian Angel

Guardian Angel /n /

   » a good spirit that guides and protects a human being to refrain them from doing wrong, and prevent bad occurences to happen.

~*~*~*~*~

Humming happily, you clutched the paperbag tightly against your chest as you waited for the crossing sign to turn green. Somehow, you woke up feeling a little extra happy and even felt like doing a little grocery shopping first thing in the morning. And the weather seemed to be very friendly too beacause it was neither too hot nor too cold.

You stood by the sidewalk, waiting for the pedestrian light to turn green. There were no other people around because it was still quite early. After a while, you finally crossed the road. Everything was going fine, until that one moment, when a car came screeching from a curb.

It was like your mind shut down.

You couldn't figure out what to do. As you stared at the incoming car, with time seeming to slow down, things started to flash in your head.

Memories. Loved ones. The things you have accomplished and things you haven't achieved.

Was this really the time?

As the sound of screeching tires drifted back into your ears, your senses awakened. Somehow, you were able to jump out of the way, though it felt like someone else did it for you. You fell on back, knocking the air out of you. Your vision started to spin, and slowly, you gave into unconsciousness.

~*~*~*~

There was a faint beeping noise.

You could feel warm lights against your skin, and the bed you were lying in sort of smelled like disinfectant.

Groaning at a faint back pain, you propped up your arm to sit up.

"Wait, you'll strain yourself." You felt a hand gently hold you down. You opened your eyes, and the angelic face of a boy immediately met your eyes.

"Who are you...?" You slowly asked. His eyes widened and he took a few steps back. It was like he was horrified.

"You can... You can see me???"

Your brows furrowed. "Uhh... Yeah... Who are you? How did I get here?"

He frantically looked around. It was a private room, so no one else was around.

"But... But how? I don't understand..."

"Um, excuse me?" You didn't want to interrupt his conversation with himself, but you really wanted to know what you were doing in a hospital.

"You... You almost got hit by a car..." He carefully said.

"Were you the one that pushed me out of the way?"

"You felt that?" His eyes widened again. Gee, did this guy overdose in coffee? "Oh heavens... What is happening..."

"Um, sorry, but I still don't know your name."

"Oh, I'm Suho." He started pacing back and forth. Yo raised a brow.

"You mean Suho... Like Suho as 'guardian'?"

"Yes..." He suddenly stopped pacing, as if he realized something. "May I try something on you?"

"Excuse me?"

"Can I touch you?"

"EXCUSE ME--"

Before could even protest, he already had a hand against your cheek. There was something unusual about his touch. It was so light... And gentle... And warm like the soft rays of a morning sun. You could feel a little tingle by his touch.

"Amazing..." He whispered, as he looked into your eyes with sparkling eyes. Though you still couldn't understand what was happening, you felt like you wanted him to hold onto you longer.

"Who exactly are you, Suho?" You asked, starting to feel as if you were in a dream. He softly smiled.

"I am your guardian angel."

It sounded odd, but it felt like he was not joking.

"And you're not supposed to even see me. Let alone feel me." He stepped back, pain briefly flashing in his bright brown eyes. You were about to say something, but a nurse suddenly went into the room. She paused for a moment upon realizing that you were awake, then a soft smile decorated her face.

"Oh, you're awake _______." She walked forward, and you tried not to gasp in shock as she passed right through Suho. It was like he wasn't even there. "You might feel a bit of headache for a day, but you're lucky nothing severe happened to you. You're a very lucky girl."

She patted your hand. "You're free to go in a few hours, but doc says you can stay here for the night if you feel a little off. We'll take care of you."

"Th-thanks..." You mumbled, and she finally walked out of the room. You looked at Suho. He was staring down on the floor. It was like he was thinking of something. Or listening to something...

"Oh, I understand now." He smiled. Then he went to sit on the edge of the bed, but his body didn't leave any wrinkle on the sheets. He reached out to touch your cheek once again.

"What's going on?"

"You'll be completely fine. Just remember that I'll just be by your side, guiding you, and protecting you always." He leaned in as if to kiss your forehead, but stopped just by an inch away. "That's my promise, ______."

As his warm lips landed against your skin, numbness started to spread from your head, to down your body. Your eyes seemed to close by their own, and for a moment, the brightness faded to black.

Gasping, you sat upright.

You were still in the hospital bed, but Suho was no longer there. The nurse from before was standing by your bed, checking your IV.

"Ah, you're awake, ______." She said in the very same delightened tone as earlier. You might feel a bit of headache for a day, but you're lucky nothing severe happened to you. You're a very lucky girl."

Did she just...

Did she just say everything she said over again?

"Uh, miss..." You held her arm, feeling confused more than ever. "How long has I been asleep?"

"Just about 3 hours. We expected it would take you about 6 hours, but it seems you're stronger than we anticipated."

She smiled and patted your hand. " You're free to go in a few hours, but doc says you can stay here for the night if you feel a little off. We'll take care of you."

She walked out of the room, just like how she left earlier.

Have I been dreaming...?

Sighing, you slumped back down the bed and stared up at the blank ceiling.

"That's my promise"

A familiar voice echoed in your head, and you felt warmth against your cheek. It was as if someone was caressing your face.

"Suho..." you smiled, closing your eyes.

No, I wasn't dreaming.

~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~

[A/N]: It took me soooo long to update but then this chappy isn't so satisfying. ㅠ___ㅠ Plus we're about to reach 100K reads I feel like I owe so much to you guys.

YOU ARE THE AWESOMEST READERS EVER AND I SO LOVE YOU ALL TO GALAXIES AND BEYOND <3 <3 <3

It will take me a while again, loves. :( I am so sorry. :(