[Kai] Friendship vs. Relationship

Part One:

» [Kai] Fountain

» LOVE ON CHRISTMAS EVE THEME

~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*

You couldn't stop fidgeting with the hem of your dress. Your heart wouldn't stop ramming around your chest, and your fingers were feeling a little numb. Kai noticed this and gently squeezed your hand.

"Hey, it's ok." He softly smiled. "I'm sure she's going to like you."

You just nodded, unable to say the flooding thoughts in your head. Kai's bestfriend not liking you wasn't really what was bothering you. It's the idea that she probably actually likes Kai, too. For all you know, even from the first day you met Kai at that fountain during Christmas Eve, you were already aware that Kai has feelings for her. Though yes, after a few months your relationship with Kai grew into something similar to an official dating relationship, but it is still possible that you were just a way to forget his feelings, since she did not seem to notice him anyway.

Now, Kai is finally introducing you to her as his official girlfriend. It's your first time meeting her in person as well. But what if she reveals to Kai that she actually likes him too?

What if Kai's feelings for her suddenly return?

What's going to be left of me when that happens?

"We're here." Kai announced, and helped you out of the taxi after he paid. You looked up at the fancy sign of the restaurant, making you even more nervous.

If they agreed upon this fancy place as the meeting place, then they must be quite wealthy. You could never afford to eat in this kind of place.

Kai wrapped his arm around your waist, guiding you into the building. A guy in a tux immediately approached you.

"A reservation for Mr. Kim," Kai simply said. The man nodded and guided you to a table. You felt every inch of your body turn to ice as you realized there was already a girl sitting there. Her back was facing you, but just by her posture and her blonde pixie cut hair, you could tell she's not just any other girl.

"You're late," she spoke in a firm yet refined tone. Kai smiled apologetically as he pulled out a seat for you. You couldn't stop staring at the girl. She was so beautiful. No wonder Kai liked her. When she noticed your existence, her brows lifted ever so lightly. "I didn't expect us to have a guest."

"She's the girl I've been talking about." Kai beamed. You gave him a questioning look. He's been talking about you with her?

"Ah, so you're ________." She smiled and reached out to shake your hand. "I'm Amber. It's too bad we could only meet now. University was too cruel to me."

She softly laughed, and you smiled. Well, she seems great. She's so beautiful and very well-mannered. And that only scared you even more.

"Nice meeting you, _______." You managed to speak, while Kai was just sitting there, looking at the two of you grinning like a little happy kid.

"Kai, you look like an idiot right now you know that?" Amber said, making you laugh. Kai's smile disappeared as he pouted.

"Don't make fun of me in front of ________."

"Well, Kai, sometimes the truth hurts." She shrugged. You felt your heart pump again.

Yes. Sometimes the truth hurts.

"Where's your boyfriend?" Kai asked. He didn't look bothered about Amber's "boyfriend thing" now, which is a good thing.

"Kris has a lot of things to do back in the uni. But I hope sometime we can all hang out together."