[Suho & Kai] Warmth

For jmyeona!

I'm not sure if I understood the "church oppa" very well, but maybe this is similar to what you had in mind! XD

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

As soon as you were done placing the food in the table, you ran towards the living room and stopped to take a few deep breaths to calm yourself. You looked up at the clock and smiled. Just in time.

The front door swung open, and there came Kai, your boyfriend, looking very tired. You flashed the brightest smile you could muster and took a step towards him.

"Kai! How did your—"

"What are you doing here?" His words struck through your heart like an icicle, making you freeze. Of course. What did you expect? He has always acted this cold towards you for the past months, so why did you even hope that he'll act any different today?

But despite of the pain wrapping around your chest, you tried to keep on smiling.

"I thought you'll be too tired from training, so I came over to cook dinner for you." His eyes shifted towards the dining table, but quickly went back to glare at you.

"I don't want to eat." He brushed past you and went straight to his room.

"Well then, do you need help with anything? Do you want at least a bubble tea?" You asked as you followed him across the hallway, but he doesn't answer. You bit your lip, trying to think of any way to make him look at you like he does before. When he was still the sweet Kim JongIn. Then it clicked in your head.

Smiling, you wrapped your arms around his waist for a back hug. He always liked it when you hug him like this.

"JongInnie~" You said softly into his back. "I miss you so much..."

"Stop it, ______." He pried off your arms a little too harsh, making you take a few steps back. You looked up at him, and saw a Kai that you could not recognize anymore. His lips that used to smile a lot were pressed into a thin line, his brown eyes that used to hold so much warmth now just two orbs with cold gazes. He was still the same guy you've fallen in love with, and yet, he felt so different.

"I'm tired." He said coldly before slamming his door shut. You stood there, frozen, wondering what did you ever do wrong for him to treat you like this. Weren't you good enough for him?

A few moments later, you found yourself running out of JongIn's house, crying. Every single time you try to act like a nice girlfriend, you only end up feeling unwanted. If only you were strong enough, you'd be the one to end this relationship, but you just loved him too much to do that. So you end up clinging onto his feet like a little helpless dog.

You suddenly bumped into someone, but you didn't bother look up since your face probably looked like shit right then.

"I-I'm sorry..." you mumbled and bowed. You were about to continue running, but the person grabbed your shoulders.