[Tao] Letting Go

Part One:

» [Tao] Wishing Booth

» SCHOOL FESTIVAL THEME

[A/N]: Listen to the music as you read! (My Turn to Cry by EXO-K)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

As soon as the School Festival ended, everything went back to normal. The loud spazz talks about "hawt boys" in the booths quickly died down, but the feeling of happiness for those people exempted in the exams lingered longer. But even though you were one of those people, having been able to collect 12 stars, you felt like you were even more stressed than the rest of the population.

You thought the exam exemption was the thing you wanted most, but after meeting Tao, you realized that hanging out with him was what you wanted even more. You were a junior, while he was already a senior. In just a few days, he's going to graduate, leaving you alone in this school after stealing your heart. It was unfair, but it was the reality.

Now, you can't even eat lunch with him because he's busy studying, processing his grad papers, and fulfilling their requirements all at once.

"My free hour on 3. Wanna have snacks? ;)"

You stared at Tao's message and sighed. When he says it's a free hour, it actually means only able to talk for 5 minutes before a professor comes calling for him again. You ignored the painful knot in your chest and replied.

"Sorry. Can't."

Not even a minute passed when he replied again.

"Y? U busy? Want me to bring u food instead?"

You tried not to break down and cry. It was painful. You wanted to be with him, but you knew things will only get more painful the longer you hold onto him. He will be gone in a few days, so what's the difference? You'd still lose him anyway. It would be better to let go now.

"Yeah, busy. I'm not hungry, but thanks."

You dropped your phone into your bag, unable to stand the pain any longer. It was like you were slowly dying inside. You stood from the bench and started walking around aimlessly. You were in the garden just beside the school building, hoping that the fresh air could make you feel more at ease, but it seems now that it didn't help at all.

You could feel your phone vibrating as Tao sent more texts, but you ignored it.

If only you weren't in front of that fountain...

If only he wasn't there, then maybe you're not having this problem at all...

Falling in love was so easy, but trying to fall out of it is torture.

You stopped in your tracks when you realized where you were. Right in front of you was the fountain; the reason how you and Tao met. That day is supposed to be a happy memory, but now, it only breaks your heart whenever you think of it.

"______..." Someone softly called out from behind you. You turned around, and your breath hitched in your throat as you saw it was Tao. He slowly stepped closer, worry and confusion in his eyes.

"I looked for you in your room but... You weren't there..."

You bit your lip and averted your gaze, unable to look at him without guilt filling you to the brim. You felt him reach out to gently touch your cheek.

"Babe, is something wrong?"

You weren't able to answer for a few seconds. You couldn't think of a right way to say it. He pulled you for a hug and caressed your hair, making you hurt inside even more. How can you let go of him when he's like this? When he's everything that you ever wanted and the only person you ever loved this much?

"I can't go on like this." You backed away, tears starting to cloud your eyes.

"What... What do you mean?"

"You're leaving, Tao. I don't know how I'll be able to accept that."

"But... I'm just graduating, _____... I'm not going to leave you forever..." He forced a laugh.

"But you said you've always wanted to study in China. They're offering you a scholarship, Tao. You can't miss that opportunity." Tears started streaming down your face. While your mouth was telling him to leave, your heart was screaming for him to stay by your side forever. But you didn't want to be selfish. After all, you've only met for a few weeks. It was your fault of falling for him too quickly.

"_____..." His voice cracked, and so much pain was reflecting in his eyes. He tried to grab your arm, but you backed away.

"I don't want to hold you back. I want you to fulfill your dreams. So please... Please Tao... Don't make this difficult for me. Please just stop giving me reasons to keep holding onto you."

"Babe, listen." You were about to back away again, but he was quicker and was able to hold your shoulders. "I am accepting that scholarship. I will study in China. But I'm not going to leave knowing that you're going to feel empty and alone here."

Your sobs momentarily stopped as you stared back at him. It was like his soft gaze was a tranquilizer to you.

"I'm going to leave, but it doesn't have to mean that we're over. I don't want us to be over."

"But I don't know how I'll be able to cope up without you..." Your voice quivered. He softly smiled and pulled you once again for a tight hug. He placed a light kiss at the crook of your neck, as if to remind you that he was still yours, and you'll always be his.

"I'll make sure you won't feel alone. Not now. Not ever."

The pain was slowly replaced by the feeling of bliss, now knowing that Tao doesn't want to let go of you so easily. Things have been tougher than him and yet, he still wanted to hold on. You realized you had no right to choose whether or not things should be over.

Tao pulled away and held up a coin between his fingers. It was the same coin you gave him that day during the festival, in this same spot.

"You used this coin to wish for my name. But now, I'm going to return it but this time, to symbolize a promise."

He placed it in your palm, then kept holding onto your hand.

"In times that you'd want to let go, tell me, so I'd know if I have to hold on tighter. Because even if you already want to fall, I'll keep on holding you up, no matter how long it'd take you to realize you're going to fall nowhere but back to me."

He leaned down and gave you a long, loving kiss, and in it, you could feel that every word he said was real. He pulled back and whispered against your lips.

"And that's a promise."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*

[A/N]: Srsly I don't know where I'm learning all this. I have never even been in a relationship. XD

The magic of reading fanfictions~ lolol

#Suho will be next!