[Kris, Chanyeol, Suho & Chen ft. EXO] Something

For @xoxo_annie_exo! I hope you like it!

Recommended music is EXODUS! I just realized the story of the song matches this plot so well. Haha <3

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Thanks guys!" Anne said brightly as she went out of the house. 

"Be careful," Suho winked as he reached for her hand to kiss it. She only laughed.

"I'm only going to cross the street, silly."

"But a street could be dangerous too, you know. Especially to a beautiful girl like you."Kris said coolly. 

"You guys are such dorks." She shook her head, chuckling. "Well, see you around!"

"Bye Anne! Stay pretty!" Chen waved cheerily like a little kid, and she waved back. The boys stayed for a while to watch her cross the street to her house. All were looking at her in awe, amazed at how easy she could be around and how she could fit in despite of being the only girl in the group. No matter how many times they bother her and ask her to come over just for a movie, or a short chat, or even help in cooking, she's still fine with them and maintains her bright smile. She was a very wonderful neighbor and a very amazing girl, and everyone agrees with that.

Especially four specific people in the group.

As soon as she was gone, the boys sat around the living room, all silent as if Anne was the only reason for them to be noisy.

"Do you think we should tell her already?" Lay broke the silence.

"No," Kris answered firmly. "You know the rules. We can't let any human know."

"But we've been hanging out with her for months. And even now, we still haven't fulfilled our mission." Xiumin said.

Luhan nodded. "Maybe we need help from a human in order to succeed. And so far, Anne is the only one we could trust."

"No," Kris hissed and stood up, making everyone flinch under his towering height. "We can't have deep connections with a human. We just can't afford taking a great risk."

"But if we can't accomplish the mission after all the months we've stayed here, then don't you think we actually need a human help?"

"But what exactly is our mission?" Sehun looked around, confused. Everyone gave him a WTF look.

"Seriously? You don't know?" Kai said. Sehun jut shrugged.

"To find out what makes the humans different from us." Baekhyun answered, but then uncertainty flashed in his face. "...Right?"

"Well, they don't have powers. We do." Tao shrugged.

"No, it's not that." Suho shook his head. "It's something deeper. Something that we have to understand very well so we'll know how to improve our planet's life..."

"But what is that something?" Chen raised a brow. Suho and Kris glanced at each other, as if they had the same question in their heads as well. In the end, they could only shrug.