[D.O] Library Booth

You continued wandering around like a lost puppy. You didn’t even care about where you are now, but as long as your insane friends don’t see you, everything would be just fine. You climbed the staircase towards the second floor. Wow, there’s not much noise in here. Maybe this is the “calm zone” among the booths. Perfect! You totally needed rest from the shrieking and shouting outside. You scanned the serene booths on the hallway. 

Chess booth? Hm, not your thing.

Origami booth? WTF?

Ah, here it is! Library booth! Maybe they have mangas in here! Smiling, you approached the guy with overly thick glasses sitting at the front table.

“Hey there! I’m here for a star.”

“Star?” he raised his eyebrows, and gave you a long, scrutinizing look from head to toe as if to check that you weren’t an elephant disguised as a human. Wow, for a nerd, he’s kind of rude. “If you answer all these questions correctly, I’ll give you one.”

He passed you a piece of paper with about 10 questions written in history science and math language. Problem is you only speak derp language. There is no way you could answer these without having your brain ooze through your ears.

“Um, how can I know the answers to these? I’m not that smart.”

“Well, that is why we have books in the library booth, duh.” He looked at you as if you were the most moronic person he has ever seen. Scoffing at this arrogant bitch nerd, you decided to just walk inside before you get the urge to choke the living peanuts out of him. Many people, um, nerds, were already diligently reading books inside, and you kinda felt out of place. Studying has never been your thing, and that would probably not change soon.

Who was the most idolized living hero during the renaissance period in Rome?” You read the first question to yourself as you walked towards the history section. “Well shit can I just answer Superman?”

But of course not. You need that frickin star for that final exam exemption, and you would do anything for it even though it means reading all the history books in here. Ok, that was an exaggeration. Maybe just a page or two. Anyway, you pulled out random books from the shelves and flipped some pages, but the sentences were so complicated and hard to understand for normal humans like you. In the past minutes you have spent, you still didn’t get any question answered. Ah, maybe you should just find another booth. One that does not require inhuman intelligence. Why did you even think about entering this place?! Now that nerd at the front would probably laugh at you. Dammit.

As you turned to leave, you suddenly heard something sliding, and you whipped around. Then, an incredibly thick book bumped against your ankle. You looked up again, but nobody was there. What the—? Is there a ghost in here? Like Moaning Myrtle or something? Why would it help you anyway?

Brows furrowed, you picked up the book, and it was so damn heavy that you had to find a table to place it upon. You took a seat and scanned the book.

1,001 HISTORY,SCIENCE, and MATH FACTS,” the very front said. Curious, you opened it, and there was a piece of paper at the second page. On it were page numbers, neatly written with red ink. Finally, hope lit up your face as you started flipping through the pages indicated. Indeed, the all the answers could be found there, and in just within minutes you already have answered six of the super easy questions. But then, you froze as you realized that the magical piece of paper was torn. It just so happened that the remaining four questions seemed to be the ones written in the missing piece. Nooo!!! This can’t be!!!!